Babyshambles at plug tues 10th jan

Originally posted by senwar

After they finished, the setup took ages. Got annoyed with the stupid guitar tuner and by half 10 I wante to leave.

Think the band got fed up too and they just walked on and took guitar off him.

It was Pete who made everyone wait an hour, not the roadie. Its not complex tuning a guitar, it doesn't take 16 attempts. He was just fiddling with it while the druggy backstage made us all stand and wait.

I'd like to say the gig was really crap, really really really crap, but it wasn't. It was just slightly crap. When Babyshambles came on stage they sounded great for about 5 songs and then it all went downhill. The musicians didn't have a clue what was going on. The crowd were tired from standing around and waiting for an hour and i can honestly say i've never been at a gig with ruder people. It was packed and one bloke infront of me gave me an evil stare everytime someone barged past and knocked us all. If he doesn't want to get knocked about go stand somewhere else. Common sense.

Originally posted by senwar

Quality night, and I've got a lot more respect for the band now. Will certainly go again.

I saw them at Leeds and they were ok, no ******* about and they just played. Last night they were just winging it completely.

I'm glad i went to just to say i was there, it was an experience, but in my book it wasn't "good" in any way.

Originally posted by Chris_Sleeps

It was Pete who made everyone wait an hour, not the roadie. Its not complex tuning a guitar, it doesn't take 16 attempts. He was just fiddling with it while the druggy backstage made us all stand and wait.

I'd like to say the gig was really crap, really really really crap, but it wasn't. It was just slightly crap. When Babyshambles came on stage they sounded great for about 5 songs and then it all went downhill. The musicians didn't have a clue what was going on. The crowd were tired from standing around and waiting for an hour and i can honestly say i've never been at a gig with ruder people. It was packed and one bloke infront of me gave me an evil stare everytime someone barged past and knocked us all. If he doesn't want to get knocked about go stand somewhere else. Common sense.

I saw them at Leeds and they were ok, no ******* about and they just played. Last night they were just winging it completely.

I'm glad i went to just to say i was there, it was an experience, but in my book it wasn't "good" in any way.

Fair do's

Was my first time seeing them (after previously detesting the skag head, and I just really enjoyed it

i had a top night. bruised and scratched to death now tho!

Babyshambles were good i thought, loved the oasis cover.

Was a top night apart from the usual idiot suspects you always get. And the mardy "stop pushing" people who don't get that if you stand at the front you will get pushed! :confused:

Was sad to see pete deteriorate through the night and heard a lot of "he is a waster" comments :( he seemed to get more and more off his head throughout the night.

The gig was alright though they're nowhere near as good without Pat. Was proper disappointed they didn't play pipedown which is IMO their best live track.

No-one's yet mentioned the Holloways who I thought were awesome. Generator and Two Left Feet - great songs.

Archived