Frying Pan Splash Guards..they're useless. Any ideas?

I like to cook (sear) steaks in a skillet on the hob top. It's a LeCrusiet skillet, which is kinda square. I've got a round splash gaurd, which just about covers the open area. But still everything within about 2 feet of the pan gets a smattering or at least some splashing. I'm sick of cleaning it up afterwards. I don't mind a bit of cleaning, but it's a major dismantle the cooker top to get it off everything.

Short of covering the entire area in foil first, I've run out of ideas for stopping it causing such a mess.

Stop using it is not an the answer and not on the agenda!!!!

I like to cook (sear) steaks in a skillet on the hob top. It's a LeCrusiet skillet, which is kinda square. I've got a round splash gaurd, which just about covers the open area. But still everything within about 2 feet of the pan gets a smattering or at least some splashing. I'm sick of cleaning it up afterwards. I don't mind a bit of cleaning, but it's a major dismantle the cooker top to get it off everything.

Short of covering the entire area in foil first, I've run out of ideas for stopping it causing such a mess.

Stop using it is not an the answer and not on the agenda!!!!

A George foreman lean mean fat-reducing grilling machine would solve all your problems.

A George foreman lean mean fat-reducing grilling machine would solve all your problems.

I agree, with the George Forman. I had one of those spatter guards and I ended up using it as a fly swatter!!

I've got a George Foreman, and it just doesn't cook the same (I don't think it gets as hot as it should to truly sear the meat). Yes it a bit better (mess-wise), but then it's far, far harder to clean that afterwards too (properly).

But he wants his steaks cooked properly,not "steamed" in a george formby. Personaly,I would go for the foil solution or get a halogen hob that is easy to clean.

Exactly! I know what you mean about being steamed in a George. It just doesn't do it for me!

The halogen option isn't feasible (rented house). Is tin foil really the only option?

Archived