Rosetta stone language program,should i buy?

hi there,has anyone ever used rosetta stone german language program?anyone have any advice about it?im thinking of buying the package, i am studying german language at open university but am thinking of switching because i dont feel like im learning enough. any advice would be much appreciated.thanks

The software is available from Amazon and their site has a few reviews of the product. I looked at the Spanish version some years ago and at that time the reviews were not very good but the reviews of the latest version of the German product look reasonable.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B004WNWS7O/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

You said: "... am thinking of switching because i dont feel like im learning enough."

It might be worth taking the time to decide exactly what is wrong with your present learning method and ensuring that the one you change to uses different methods of teaching.

There doesn't appear to be an effective 'one size fits all' method of learning a language - other than 'total immersion' (which is how we learn languages when we are infants.)

'Total immersion' is difficult (if not impossible) for most people, but you could set aside a period of time each day in which you listen to radio broadcasts in German, read newspapers or novels in German and think in German.

Rosetta stone stinks. As do all the overpriced language tuition CDs. Massive massive con. Exactly the same content available free online. Even on YouTube.

It's like 5£ a lesson from an actual native tutor or buy a 2.50£ book and spend the money on a holiday there.

ok,some good replies here, i'll take it on board ..maybe rosetta stona isn't for me, total immersion sounds good to me ,reckon moving to berlin is an option in the next few months anyway :) just wanted to build on what i had learnt at OU.thanks for the advice

Archived