Sheffield council tax can you pay it by credit card ?

sheffield council tax can you pay it by credit card

I have just got a 5% cashback credit card and thinking of paying my council tax with it to save a few pounds is this possible ?

Dont pay it,it is not a contract, therefore an illegal tax.Ask them to send you a BILL for the whole lot and not a statements like they send.I bet you,you wont recieve one.

Dont pay it,it is not a contract, therefore an illegal tax.Ask them to send you a BILL for the whole lot and not a statements like they send.I bet you,you wont recieve one.

But you will receive, in some order, a court summons, a bailiff visit and a jail sentence.

You can't pay by credit card, I asked them why, and it's because 'you shouldn't be getting into debt to pay off a debt'.

It really should be none of their business. I put most of my financial transactions through my credit card to get incentive points and cashback, and pay off the balance every month.

The Community Charge was not a poll tax, by any definition. The right to vote wasn't tied to it.

It was a poll tax, it was abolished in 1990 after big riots.

A poll tax (head tax or capitation tax, per U.S. English usage) is a tax of a portioned, fixed amount applied to an individual in accordance with the census (as opposed to a percentage of income).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_per_head#20th_century:_community_charge

It has little to do with the right to vote, people who can't vote are usually charged too.

poll tax

noun

[mass noun]

a tax levied on every adult, without reference to their income or resources: the council tax replaces the poll tax [count noun]: the payment of a poll tax

informal term for community charge.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/poll%2Btax

You should buy a proper dictionary & check it before you say "by any definition".

It was a poll tax, it was abolished in 1990 after big riots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_per_head#20th_century:_community_charge

It has little to do with the right to vote, people who can't vote are usually charged too.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/poll%2Btax

You should buy a proper dictionary & check it before you say "by any definition".

How was it related to the census... as I recall it was levied on people in the electoral register..unl;ess you're saying that the electoral roll is the same as a census...

How was it related to the census... as I recall it was levied on people in the electoral register..unl;ess you're saying that the electoral roll is the same as a census...

It was levied on people not in the electoral register, as well. It had nothing to do with any polls of any kind.

But you will receive, in some order, a court summons, a bailiff visit and a jail sentence.

Legally SCC is a registered company, so therefore need a signiture to take money from me,did you sign when you set it up over the phone?

Under common law, they can only act on my birth certificate, as this is my legal fiction,so cannot act on me as a man.If it was to go to court,i would insist i enter under common law jurisdiction.The judge will agree,i will then not stand when the clerk shouts every body stand.If i remained seated, i will not be giving the judge jurisdiction over me, in his court.Blah blah blah.

Council tax along with tv license comes under Statute law.I cant be acted uppon with out my consent eg signiture.

Archived