Sheffield council tax can you pay it by credit card ?

If you have bought a TV from a retail outlet in the last tiddly-um years you will have signed a contract. You have to sign a form with your name and address stating who you are and where the television is going to be installed.

Bought one last month,online, never signed anything.

I think the use of the word complete in this instance, actually meant all of it...

SCC being a registered company and thus needing a signature to take money from you is a fallacy - if you needed a signature to take money, why therefore is "cardholder not present" an allowed payment mechanism from the card companies? It's allowed for phone payments on card to be made, and has been since at least the '80s.

Your birth certificate is a legally binding document and it ultimately sets up a contract for the birth child to be registered to that country (classed as "country of origin") and to be governed by the rules and laws of that land. In the UK, it is a legal requirement to register a child's birth within a set timeframe (I think it used to be 7 days). False representation at the registry office at the time of birth registration (e.g listing a father who is not the father) is, I believe, an offence of fraud under section 1 of the fraud act 2006 whereby you can get upto 10 years in prison, and unlimited fine or both. Your name can only be changed by entering witness protection or by deed poll. If the latter then your deed poll namechange is linked back to your original birth certificate.

By entering any court in the UK, you are automatically governed in statute to obey the laws of the court. Instances such as failure to obey an "all rise" request without good cause or prior authorisation (e.g disability, can't stand up as the subject of the court is in a wheelchair) can and has given automatic contempt of court sentences.

Whilst you are partially correct about TV licensing being governed by statute law i.e the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport sets the licence fee by the use of Statutory instruments - it is actually classed as a government tax as the money derived from the TV licence fee gets paid to the UK governments consolidated fund and then disbursed to the BBC by the appropriations act within the annual budget. The BBC is governed to collect the TV licence fee under the Communications Act 2003 on behalf of the government. Because the TV licence fee is thus classed as a tax as the money first goes to the UK government, you are liable to be prosecuted for tax evasion (i.e the same laws apply) if you fail to pay either the TV licence or council tax fees.

I dont doubt any of what you have said,but if you know exactly what to say and looked into it well,you can challenge a court.Under common law you can only be tried for assault,rape,murder,riot and damage to property etc.Not for non payment to private companies.Maybe a small claims court.Maybe this is why Excel and other rogue parking services, cannot prosecute anyone

There is no such thing as common law, and the council is not a private company, it's a government body with the ability to tax you and to enforce non payment via the court with jail time.

You ring them up and ask for a BILL an actual BILL,not a statement, a BILL for your council tax.I bet you never recieve one.

You ring them up and ask for a BILL an actual BILL,not a statement, a BILL for your council tax.I bet you never recieve one.

Do you get a bill for your income tax? I'm fairly certain I get a bill from our council at the beginning of the council tax year..tells me how much I owe and asks if I want to pay monthly or in one go..

Do you get a bill for your income tax? I'm fairly certain I get a bill from our council at the beginning of the council tax year..tells me how much I owe and asks if I want to pay monthly or in one go..

As for income tax, we dont have a choice.Income tax is still the same though.Just like the council, the government is a registered company,so needs a contract to obtain money.If you was self employed, you would have more control.Again its how it is worded. I could not pay as much as i should (tax avoidance) which is not illegal but (tax evation) is.

Read it again it says statement at the top.

why do you think you have to register a birth by law??????

So that they can ACT (& it is one big ACT) on you ie council tax, tv licence blah de blah de blah

But no company can ACT on a man or a woman in common law only on the peice of paper unless you represent the peice of paper (birth certificate)!!!

It's cos of Mortmain (literally meaning "dead hand.") that's why they can't ACT on the Man or Woman only on the Legal Fiction (birth cert) The ACTS are NOT LAW they are only given the force of law & can only have any power over you if you CONSENT!!

As for income tax, we dont have a choice.Income tax is still the same though.Just like the council, the government is a registered company,so needs a contract to obtain money.If you was self employed, you would have more control.Again its how it is worded. I could not pay as much as i should (tax avoidance) which is not illegal but (tax evation) is.

Who are the directors of said registered company..where are their offices and what is the company number..where can I serve papers on them if I needed to..?

As for income tax, we dont have a choice.Income tax is still the same though.Just like the council, the government is a registered company

Link to the company then at companies house.

so needs a contract to obtain money.

That's simply not true, the law is quite clear that taxation is not a contractural agreement that you can opt out of.

If you was self employed, you would have more control.
I am self employed.
Again its how it is worded. I could not pay as much as i should (tax avoidance)

If you don't pay tax which you should that is tax evasion, if you reduce the amount you should pay legally then it's avoidance.

which is not illegal but (tax evation) is.

I don't think the wording is at all important.

Who are the directors of said registered company..where are their offices and what is the company number..where can I serve papers on them if I needed to..?

Dont know,sorry, you will have to write to Dun & Bradstreet.

Archived