Car Stereo Advice Needed!!

Hi I'm having a bit of trouble connecting a car stereo.Any help would be much appreciated!! :-)

I own a 2003 Nissan Almera Pulse.

I've got a JVC Stereo that I want to put in the car in place of the standard stereo which is an 'in built' CD player.

Due to the stereo being in built I had to remove some of the dash board to

remove it.

I've bought a new plastic dashboard fascia which came with a wiring adapter.

I've plugged my JVC Stereo in using the wiring adapter supplied,however there's no power at all to my stereo.

Not sure why?does anyone have any advice??

Many Thanks For Reading.

I've just done a similar conversion on my BMW, and while I didn't have trouble I did, while researching the job, find that sometimes it is necessary to provide a permanent live feed to the radio/adapter. Maybe that is what is missing from your set-up.

I've just done a similar conversion on my BMW, and while I didn't have trouble I did, while researching the job, find that sometimes it is necessary to provide a permanent live feed to the radio/adapter. Maybe that is what is missing from your set-up.

Thanks John.Do you know if the necessity for a live feed varies from car to car?I know my last car didn't need a permanent live feed?

if there is a yellow wire and a red wire in the wiring harness you should be able to pull them apart as they shud be on clips anyway pull them apart and put red to yellow and the other yellow to the other red you should now have a permanant live this will also save your bass/treble settings

if there is a yellow wire and a red wire in the wiring harness you should be able to pull them apart as they shud be on clips anyway pull them apart and put red to yellow and the other yellow to the other red you should now have a permanant live this will also save your bass/treble settings

Thanks Jodie will give it a try.

Thanks Jodie will give it a try.

If you look at the wiring harness on the radio you are trying to fit, you may find that there are two 'fused' wires. One (the one with the smaller fuse) will be the 'permanently on' wire and the other will be the switched supply used when the device is operating.

Archived