Should smoking be allowed at indoor swimming baths?

An obvious fire hazard would be all the hydrogen in the tons of H2O there! Actually, I'm just being silly, that's not the point of this thread. Every so often I see posts that appear to be in reply to the topic title, with no actual relevance to the topic and the opening post itself. It seems that some people respond to certain suggestions in the title without actually reading what the thread starter is asking or commenting on.

That's why I started this thread, to see if any, or how many, would react to the thread title and not bother reading the OP, especially if it looks boring. There's a good chance the thread will be removed but I'd like to see it stay for a day or two at least, as a little social experiment or something. Maybe there's something to be discussed about the type of person who responds to titles like this, or the power of suggestion itself,

I don't know!:confused::D

I don't think the Oxygen in the water is as big a fire hazard as the additional Oxygen atom in the Sodium Hypochlorite used to sterilise the pool.:)

Still, if enough of the patrons pee in the pool then the reaction of the urine with the Sodium Hypochlorite may well give off enough chlorine to discourage smokers from lighting up.

I don't think the Oxygen in the water is as big a fire hazard as the additional Oxygen atom in the Sodium Hypochlorite used to sterilise the pool.:)

Still, if enough of the patrons pee in the pool then the reaction of the urine with the Sodium Hypochlorite may well give off enough chlorine to discourage smokers from lighting up.

I said hydrogen, not the oxygen!

I said hydrogen, not the oxygen!

That's why I started this thread, to see if any, or how many, would react to the thread title and not bother reading the OP, especially if it looks boring.

Mea Culpa! - I obviously didn't read the OP properly (which may give you part of the answer to your question. ;))

Is the Fire Hazard at swimming pools more significant than the risk of inebriation?

After all, swimming pools are full of water (with a bit [or more than a bit] of pee in it. ;))

Water is made of 2 kinds of Gin.

Oxy-gin and Hydro-gin.

Oxy-gin is pure gin and hydro-gin is gin and water.

Mea Culpa! - I obviously didn't read the OP properly (which may give you part of the answer to your question. ;))

[/Quote]

I hoped as much and played it the same.

Is the Fire Hazard at swimming pools more significant than the risk of inebriation?

After all, swimming pools are full of water (with a bit [or more than a bit] of pee in it. ;))

Water is made of 2 kinds of Gin.

Oxy-gin and Hydro-gin.

Oxy-gin is pure gin and hydro-gin is gin and water.

I was just wondering now, the type of people I'm talking about, do you think they bother reading any of the former posts at all? They rarely come back and post again on the same threads or respond to any posts that question them.

I've been known to swim a mile and nip out for a cig before popping back in to swim one more - but it involves a lot of fuss at most leisure centres. It would be handy to smoke in the pool, like you can in private pools. As long as tab ends were placed in a suitable container.

Archived