Should smoking be allowed at indoor swimming baths?

Surely it's the OP's fault for not putting a title relevant to the topic or when the title contains inaccuracies.

Sometimes the title is a simple intro to a broader subject, in which the OP can mean much more than just the title suggests. I don't think it's the OP's fault that posters can't be bothered to read the details.

Maybe the same people went to see the War of the Roses and complained that it wasn't a war film?

An obvious fire hazard would be all the hydrogen in the tons of H2O there! Actually, I'm just being silly, that's not the point of this thread. Every so often I see posts that appear to be in reply to the topic title, with no actual relevance to the topic and the opening post itself. It seems that some people respond to certain suggestions in the title without actually reading what the thread starter is asking or commenting on.

That's why I started this thread, to see if any, or how many, would react to the thread title and not bother reading the OP, especially if it looks boring. There's a good chance the thread will be removed but I'd like to see it stay for a day or two at least, as a little social experiment or something. Maybe there's something to be discussed about the type of person who responds to titles like this, or the power of suggestion itself,

I don't know!:confused::D

I think grenhouses should be red.

I also find the title often has little relevance to the OP and it’s not always easy to figure out if the op wants you to respond to the title or the OP.

I would have thought that you should always respond to the OP, not the title. I doubt many people bought 50 shades of Grey, expecting to read a book on the colour variations between black and white.

Imagine if a Chinese lantern came down and ignited the swimming baths :o

In my younger years (no sarky comments please) I used to work in swimming pools and once a fire alarm went off and everyone jumped in the pool thinking they were safe....bad mistake its about the worst place you could go what with all the chemicals around!!!

Archived