Anti-feminist for NOT wearing make up !!

Exactly Jack. When I am at home all day, which is most days, I get up have a shower, wash my hair and dress in a clean and tidy way. I won't overstyle my hair, just finger dry it. I always wear perfume (I have different perfumes for different things, sad I know but I just like perfume) even just around the house.

If I am going out in the day, say to meet friends for lunch, or shopping at Meadowhall, I will often wear a tinted moisturiser and a flick of mascara, and perfume of course.

Then if I am on the odd occasion going out in the evening, I will apply foundation, eyeshadow and generally get made up (but not heavily).

However at the moment due to Mother Nature I am at an age where I get hot flushes and any make up I wear just slides off within the first hour,so I haven't worn any make up for ages. But I would still say I take pride in my appearance and will always be clean and tidily presented and I think this applies to all women, feminists or not.

I'm much the same as you curriechick it has to be light perfume though,i add a bit of lippy too,just to add a bit of colour and sparkle to that washed out age related look.

This is the original article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2165732/Holly-Willoughby-Betraying-women-going-barefaced-Says-Liz-Jones-says-real-feminists-trowel-make-up.html

Liz Jones doesn't make any sense, it's hard to see any reasoning behind her statements other than jealousy.

I hardly ever wear makeup, I don't think it suits me at all.

She does have a point though that a lot of photos that women voluntarily have printed of them 'devoid' of make-up will be carefully posed, airbrushed and they will not have bed hair and will have dyed eyelashes, tinted moisturiser etc. Her make-up and beauty routine sounds a nightmare, I don't wear foundation, powder or any face make-up, eyes and lips that's it, which is high maintenance enough.

This is the original article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2165732/Holly-Willoughby-Betraying-women-going-barefaced-Says-Liz-Jones-says-real-feminists-trowel-make-up.html

Liz Jones doesn't make any sense, it's hard to see any reasoning behind her statements other than jealousy.

I hardly ever wear makeup, I don't think it suits me at all.

A funny thing...

My wife's younger sister wears TONS of makeup, she's a total WAG wannabe, into all the celebrity mags etc. The thing is, she looks terrible (in my opinion), she wears so much foundation that the first time she makes any facial expression, it leaves lines in the foundation that look like wrinkles. She's actually artificially ageing her skin!

Then there's my wife, the older sister who wears very little makeup in daily life. She's gorgeous and looks younger than her sister.

A funny thing...

My wife's younger sister wears TONS of makeup, she's a total WAG wannabe, into all the celebrity mags etc. The thing is, she looks terrible (in my opinion), she wears so much foundation that the first time she makes any facial expression, it leaves lines in the foundation that look like wrinkles. She's actually artificially ageing her skin!

Then there's my wife, the older sister who wears very little makeup in daily life. She's gorgeous and looks younger than her sister.

Too much make-up is not only unattractive on a lot of women, but as you say, it can be ageing.

Archived