Driving test eyesight test

hi all i have my driving test coming up in a few weeks me and my instructor are confident i will pass ut the thing troubing me is the eyesight test has anybody past there test recently and how hard is the eyesight test? thanks for reading

Outside the opticians in Meadowhall in front of the Oasis entrance (can't remember which one!), there is a reg plate and marker on the floor. I would have a look at that or it might be worth having a eye test before your car test?

hi all i have my driving test coming up in a few weeks me and my instructor are confident i will pass ut the thing troubing me is the eyesight test has anybody past there test recently and how hard is the eyesight test? thanks for reading

Someone told me that if you dont read the first number plate correctly, they give you another one to read, and if you fail to read that, they abandon the test. Dont know whether that is true or not.

The other important thing to remember is that the eye test for the driving test does expect you to read a standard number plate at 67 feet, but the conditions do state that you should be wearing whatever glasses/contact lenses you normally use for sight correction, it should be in good lighting conditions and the number plate should be clean, so basically if you can read the number and destination on an oncoming bus before it reaches the stop you're probably fine.

If you're really in doubt then how about being proactive and going to have your eyes tested? That way you can be sure whether you're likely to be creating a hazard for other road users with your eyesight (or lack of). If you're at all in doubt of your ability to see clearly then you really shouldn't even be having driving lessons.

I'm sitting here enjoying a pleasant evening with a good friend of mine who just happens to be an instructor.....

He tells me the required distance for the standard number plate is 67 feet as already stated previously.

Note however, the new number plates are now slightly smaller, and the distance is 63 feet for all new style plates.

Also....after two failed attempts they should use a tape measure and be sure the distance is correct before a third and final test.

Archived