My friend has a celebrity friend..er sort of

Does anyone remember gomez?

No? Well they are an British indie band most famous in the late 90's. My mate Jon is mates with their league singer Ian. I was always a massive Gomez fan so I was quite giddy when I went round to watch the footy with Jon the other day and Ian from Gomez was there too

I may be wrong but I suspect someone out there can probably beat that though. Does anybody have any impressive celeb mates?? (more impressive than 90's indie stars)

i used to know a fair few back in the day in sheff

i used to know and talk to crispin hunt and simon from the longpigs quite a bit (90s british indie band lol)

once met phil oakey of the human league while sat drinking on fargate fountain cos he stopped to talk to mi mate jools cos he knows him.

i used to know a fair few members of grindcore bands from going to gigs etc (jon singer with doom, rich militia singer with bradford band sore throat, they stayed at our house once and we stayed at his in return, also hammy was with them when they stayed at ours, founder and owner of metal label peaceville, met, talked with and given a mouthful of veggie burger to deek singer with oi polloi

used to know 2 members of sheffield psychobilly band the radiacs, are known worldwide on the psychobilly scene

a mate from up here in middlesbrough is a film maker and made the worldwide documentary hit A century in stone

online wise i know mike skinner from the streets and members of his family from years back on his forum, apparently he still asks about me occasionly

oh and one of my old mates from worksop drummed for crust punk band deviated instinct for a while, featured on their second album, another was in pitchshifter, they made it pretty big (industrial metal) dunno if hes still in em tho

oh yeah and iused to hang around with sheffield musician jody wildgoose, weve not talked for years tho

most of the other sheffield bands split up years and years ago, including old warp records act tuff little unit, and folk ska band blind mole rat

There's a guy from mike and the mechanics drinks in the cross sythes pub.

How much more a-list can it get? :)

Your lying!!!!

Your seriously lying!!!

I love them!!!!!!!

Im going to break out their massive collection of hits for old times sake.:)

There's a guy from mike and the mechanics drinks in the cross sythes pub.

How much more a-list can it get? :)

paul carrack?

i have a sheff weds 7" single by him :P

"we love you wednesday"

which doesnt seem to be on his wiki page discography Oo

One of def leppard members lives at crosspool.

And there's an ex-black sabbath rodie I worked for once who lives at loxley.

Also, can't remember whether it's Lenny Henry or ainsley Harriet who used to knock about on crookes.

It really is like tinsel town here. :hihi:

Archived