My friend has a celebrity friend..er sort of

Me and a group of mates spent a Saturday afternoon drinking with Alex Higgins outside a wine bar in Stockport. It was during the balmy summer of 1995 and he'd called at the wine bar to cash a cheque so he could buy a case of champagne to take to a party in Alderley Edge that Oliver Reed was attending. He stopped for a couple of hours and was great company.

Lol. I'm not good mates with any celebrities as such but I'm facebook friends with a few and I'm currently playing Songpop with members/ex members of Twisted Wheel, The Bluetones and I got a private message from Nerina Pallot yesterday. :)

My mate used to live next door but one to Alex Turner and Jon McClure.

Does anyone remember gomez?

No? Well they are an British indie band most famous in the late 90's. My mate Jon is mates with their league singer Ian. I was always a massive Gomez fan so I was quite giddy when I went round to watch the footy with Jon the other day and Ian from Gomez was there too

I may be wrong but I suspect someone out there can probably beat that though. Does anybody have any impressive celeb mates?? (more impressive than 90's indie stars)

Never heard of him.

Paul McCartney once bought me a coffee at Sheffield University. He was in a band called " Wings". Anyone remember him ?:roll:

Archived