Racist 2 year old?

Toddlers can only build their 'knowledge' upon previous experiences. Presumably she hasn't grown up around people with different coloured skin, but has (badly drawn) books depicting supposedly talking monkeys with disturbingly human attributes - so of course it's an easy mistake to make (people making stupid noises at kids, and using baby talk with complete disregard for the consequences bugs me full stop btw)

A trip to the zoo is the most sensible course of action

So basically you're saying black people look like monkeys?...

Maybe not, but definitely embarrassing.

I was with friends in London over the weekend. They have a 2 year old daughter who insists on making monkey noises, while pointing at black people! They are having trouble going out because of this.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

There are too many people on here that are out to rid the world of evil and will stop at nothing, not even facts like 'this is a child'.

A lot of these posters are using words like 'maybe' and 'possibly' which tells me that they don't know jack but are prepared to back up their warped view on the topic to steer it where ever they want.

Lets look at the facts then...

Its a 20 month old baby with little or no vocabulary and points at dark people and makes some sort of noise that is perceived by the parent to be monkey like but as know one can actually communicate with this 20 month on its level its all guess work to what the noise represents.

At 20 month what noises is a child supposed to be making? We our selves are primates so I would be far more taken aback if the child was making pig or horse noises.

Lets look at the child's point of view and actions instead of the noise. The baby sees some one dark skinned and gestures/points to that person and makes a noise to the parent, what could be the motivation for that ?

Could it be that the child cannot make out the features of the dark skinned person and is agitated by this?

could the baby be trying to seek some kind of confirmation from the parent that the dark skinned person is not a threat?

It (being only 20 month old) may have never come across many 'black' people nor had anything to do with one socially?

The child to me sounds like its questioning something and the parents are just not in a position to recognize this and thus cannot communicate any sort of answer.

Or maybe one of the parents/guardians are wanting to feel uncomfortable when out in public so sit pointing at black people and make monkey noises for their own immature entertainment?

But I doubt the last explanation very much. Its a pity some of the idiots on here cannot think past their own prejudices.

How can you be so sure?

It could have been a visit from a racist friend/relative that has taught her the behaviour...

It could be Hitler in some sort of reincarnation?

Or the baby sitter is Nick Griffin? :hihi:

A lot of could be's and maybe's. If you have enough of them then you can make anything possible.

Maybe....

In which case they just need to teach her that people aren't monkeys.

Maybe the trip to the zoo would be useful, accompanied by a black friend.

Yeh,that would go down well.

'Hey black friend.' 'Will you come down the zoo,so i can point out to my daughter the difference between a monkey,and you.'

So basically you're saying black people look like monkeys?...
It sounds like they are saying that they should get a monkey together with a black person in order to try and show the differences, which to me equate to the same thing yes :hihi:

Im more worries about some of the posters than the actual topic :D

It sounds like they are saying that they should get a monkey together with a black person in order to try and show the differences, which to me equate to the same thing yes :hihi:

Im more worries about some of the posters than the actual topic :D

Then you seriously need to get a life.

Yeh,that would go down well.

'Hey black friend.' 'Will you come down the zoo,so i can point out to my daughter the difference between a monkey,and you.'

If I am ever approached by a black person now, with child, and am asked if I would kneel down besides a pig for a minute, then I will now know the motivation for the request :loopy:

Then you seriously need to get a life.

What kind of life would you have me get ? one where I see the worst in the world and tar 20 month old kids as holding prejudices they could not even comprehend ?

Talking of being serious, have you even thought this topic through yourself or just jumped on a band waggon?

Archived