Tony Blair's return

Yes it is the only way that we can get rid of Camoran and Clegg and the public school boy trend.

He is the only one that can do it.

See what I mean......

So you would rather have the independant school educated multi millionaire war criminal, godparent to a Murdoch child with a passion for overpaid and consultancy work on behalf of JP Morgan and his own company with a aim of whoring out access to the government to corporate sponsors.

Oh yeah, that Tony Blair. My god how on earth can we cope without him in power

"call me tony" "man of the people"

And you think he is any different to Cameron & Co...... :loopy:

Tony Blair wants another crack at being Prime Minister.

He says he's learnt so much in the past 4 years that would help him do the job better. He understands far more about the world etc etc.

Would his experience help the situation?

What do you think? And could it actually happen?

Will never happen. He's probably got a book coming out or something. He's a better bet than little ed but let's face it many will vote for anyone with a red rosette. Wonder what he learned being a middle east peace envoy ? Probably how to avoid doing anything when people are dying, despots being desposed etc etc.

What a waste of space he's turned out to be.

I can see it now, one of Blairs political enemies in Labour dies in mysterious circumstances and he takes the seat in a by-election, then Miliband steps aside so Blair can take the leadership.

If I believed in a god, I would be on my knees praying this doesn't happen!

Even Ronald MacDonald would be better than the clown we have at the moment.

Oh boo hoo.

Coilition governments have happened before and will happen again. What would you prefer?

Force everyone over 18 in the entire country to vote with a penalty if you dont?

Keep going through the whole election again until we have a clear winner?

What about the sensible approach - since the Conservatives actually did get the most votes - why not get rid of all the "seats" nonsense and declare them overall control. After all in terms of numbers they clearly won the election.

Maybe that would suit you better?

Take a read....

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons/lib/research/briefings/snpc-04951.pdf

one of the recurring themes of the political threads on here has been the lack of experience of real life the bulk of our politicians have had.

by having a few years outside of politics mr blair may have gained such experience and that would make him a better candidate than any of the current leaders or their possible successors.

that said, i cant say that i'd relish a competent conservative government which is in effect what he would lead.

one of the recurring themes of the political threads on here has been the lack of experience of real life the bulk of our politicians have had.

by having a few years outside of politics mr blair may have gained such experience and that would make him a better candidate than any of the current leaders or their possible successors.

that said, i cant say that i'd relish a competent conservative government which is in effect what he would lead.

But the only thing he has learnt is how to avoid paying tax on the millions he’s earned.

I agree. I certainly never felt that politics should be a career.

However, lets be frank, what "real life" experience has blair had outside politics.

His "jobs" have been a UN envoy, a senior "advisor" on climate change and its effects on finance and insurance for JP morgan, a businessman with his own firm "consulting" on government trends and tactical approaches when trading, a lecturer on globalisation for Yale and an "advisor" for a Korean Oil Company advising on Iraq.

Yeah, really nitty gritty stuff there. He knows what life is like for us normal folk.

He is no better than Cameron for knowing how the world works. At least Cameron had some real political experience as a researcher and advisor within the home office experience as a civil servant and a semi normal (well for a toff anyway) job working for Carlton.

To be honest, and im gonna be contravertial here, Thatcher was the true "real" politican. Highly successful yes. Highly Educated yes. But at least her history was from a normal down to earth background. Something that has probably never happened since.

That's what we need for this country. Whether its Tory, Labour or Liberal is completely accademic. Someone from a normal background is needed to get this place back on track. Its time people stopped acting like sheep and vote for a PERSON not a PARTY next time round.

I agree. I certainly never felt that politics should be a career.

However, lets be frank, what "real life" experience has blair had outside politics.

His "jobs" have been a UN envoy, a senior "advisor" on climate change and its effects on finance and insurance for JP morgan, a businessman with his own firm "consulting" on government trends and tactical approaches when trading, a lecturer on globalisation for Yale and an "advisor" for a Korean Oil Company advising on Iraq.

Yeah, really nitty gritty stuff there. He knows what life is like for us normal folk.

He is no better than Cameron for knowing how the world works. At least Cameron had some real political experience as a researcher and advisor within the home office experience as a civil servant and a semi normal (well for a toff anyway) job working for Carlton.

To be honest, and im gonna be contravertial here, Thatcher was the true "real" politican. Highly successful yes. Highly Educated yes. But at least her history was from a normal down to earth background. Something that has probably never happened since.

That's what we need for this country. Whether its Tory, Labour or Liberal is completely accademic. Someone from a normal background is needed to get this place back on track. Its time people stopped acting like sheep and vote for a PERSON not a PARTY next time round.

Do you think that someone like that will be allowed within 100 yards of internal leadership ballot for any party ? I doubt that.

Archived