Who's famous from Sheffield?

Thundera

Many, many, many years ago, a long departed friend of mine called Ron Jackson was painting and decorating at a house in Dore or Totley. He went into the backyard and garden area, he could see over hedge into the neighbours property, who was sat there enjoying a drink of some description but 'Charles Loughton' the famous actor, he was'nt stuck up and conversed with my friend for a while. I don't know where Mr Loughton was born or if he was visiting friends or relatives.

• 1 month later...
Many, many, many years ago, a long departed friend of mine called Ron Jackson was painting and decorating at a house in Dore or Totley. He went into the backyard and garden area, he could see over hedge into the neighbours property, who was sat there enjoying a drink of some description but 'Charles Loughton' the famous actor, he was'nt stuck up and conversed with my friend for a while. I don't know where Mr Loughton was born or if he was visiting friends or relatives.

Charles Laughton was born in Scarborough. Born ino a family of brewers. Laughton's Ales were very popular at one time in North Yorkshire.

Archived