Where did god come from?

Who or what is god is one question, but not the one I want to suggest is worth looking into. Is he male or female or both, with animal and plant leanings is also in the realm of number of angels on a pin head, which is for pin brains.

Where did our personalised Christian come from, I mean the one shared with , Islam gleaned from Judaism. Ever wondered where this monster came from that has infected so many with psychological delusions over so long a period?

How was it invented, ever wondered?

Did it have an origin?

Why share the same god? Did it give it more cred?

What sort of origin?

Ever wondered if it was real or just a clever con trick, like banking practices are today?

God was invented by people who wanted to control others. This was WAY back, but nothing changes! I can sort of understand people being so gullible centuries ago, but in this day and Age when people are educated, I find it astounding that some still choose to believe all the rubbish that God and every religion is.

If only people were pragmatic, and dealt with the tangible, the world would be a much better place.

Which God? Let's start with the Celtic ones. Fortunately HL Mencken complied a list;

Abarta, Abna, Abnoba, Aine, Airetech,Akonadi, Amaethon, Ameathon, An Cailleach, Andraste, Antenociticus, Aranrhod, Arawn, Arianrod, Artio, Badb,Balor, Banbha, Becuma, Belatucadros, Belatu-Cadros, Belenus, Beli,Belimawr, Belinus, Bendigeidfran, Bile, Blathnat, Blodeuwedd, Boann, Bodus,Bormanus, Borvo, Bran, Branwen, Bres, Brigid, Brigit, Caridwen, Carpantus,Cathbadh, Cecht, Cernach, Cernunnos, Cliodna, Cocidius, Conchobar, Condatis, Cormac,Coronus,Cosunea, Coventina, Crarus,Creidhne, Creirwy, Cu Chulainn, Cu roi, Cuda, Cuill,Cyhiraeth,Dagda, Damona, Dana, Danu, D'Aulnoy,Dea Artio, Deirdre , Dewi, Dian, Diancecht, Dis Pater, Donn, Dwyn, Dylan, Dywel,Efnisien, Elatha, Epona, Eriu, Esos, Esus, Eurymedon,Fedelma, Fergus, Finn, Fodla, Goewyn, Gog, Goibhniu, Govannon , Grainne, Greine,Gwydion, Gwynn ap Nudd, Herne, Hu'Gadarn, Keltoi,Keridwen, Kernunnos,Ler, Lir, Lleu Llaw Gyffes, Lludd, Llyr, Llywy, Luchta, Lug, Lugh,Lugus, Mabinogion,Mabon, Mac Da Tho, Macha, Magog, Manannan, Manawydan, Maponos, Math, Math Ap Mathonwy, Medb, Moccos,Modron, Mogons, Morrig, Morrigan, Nabon,Nantosuelta, Naoise, Nechtan, Nedoledius,Nehalennia, Nemhain, Net,Nisien, Nodens, Noisi, Nuada, Nwywre,Oengus, Ogma, Ogmios, Oisin, Pach,Partholon, Penard Dun, Pryderi, Pwyll, Rhiannon, Rosmerta, Samhain, Segidaiacus, Sirona, Sucellus, Sulis, Taliesin, Taranis, Teutates, The Horned One,The Hunt, Treveni,Tyne, Urien, Ursula of the Silver Host, Vellaunus, Vitiris, White Lady.

It seems that people needed gods. Most are now dead. Eradicating all of them is going to take quite a while though.

Who or what is god is one question, but not the one I want to suggest is worth looking into. Is he male or female or both, with animal and plant leanings is also in the realm of number of angels on a pin head, which is for pin brains.

You might want to review what you've written there, it doesn't actually make much sense. I'm not sure what you're saying. If English isn't your first language then please don't take offence to what I'm saying.

Where did our personalised Christian come from, I mean the one shared with , Islam gleaned from Judaism. Ever wondered where this monster came from that has infected so many with psychological delusions over so long a period?

The god you speak of is the God of the Abrahamic religions, as far as I can tell, he was just invented like all the other gods before and after him.

No, it doesn't matter to me at all. Just another unnecessary god variation introduced into the world, unless proved otherwise.

Did it have an origin?

Most likely an adaptation of existing god concepts. It had a start date, like all faiths/gods, and will likely have an expiry date, like all the others.

They don't, there's all kinds of gods, it's just that in our Western media/social bubble, it's what we've mostly been exposed to, ignorant of the less mainstream faiths in the world.

What sort of origin?

What? :huh:

Ever wondered if it was real or just a clever con trick, like banking practices are today?
I wouldn't call it clever, it's probably the oldest trick in the book. It doesn't take much to convince people either, as it is fairly self-perpetuating. Believers are mostly taught to believe and then pass on this belief to their children from an early age, teaching it as truth and fact.

Did it have an origin?

What sort of origin?

God was a construct of the human mind, it came about out of fear of the unknown and because each mind is different each God is different, over time groups of humans came to some consensus about the nature of God and religion was born.

God was a construct of the human mind, it came about out of fear of the unknown and because each mind is different each God is different, over time groups of humans came to some consensus about the nature of God and religion was born.

Furthermore, tribes of people largely existed in isolation before most Gods were created which is the reason why Gods are different. When different cultures started being aware of each other through trade, is when the problems started. Some of the newer religions like Islam were specifically created to counter the growth of other religions.

Archived