Bob Diamond and the future of banana-republic UK

New thread to spare people trawling through hundreds of posts on similar threads.

BDs 'resignation' just proves they're all fleas on a different dog.

Where does this leave the just-knighted Mervyn King? Danny Alexander?

I hope (but don't expect) this won't descend into the usual party political rubbish. They've ALL been at it.

Just being able to print our own Monopoly money doesn't disguise the fact we're as broke as Greece.

My immediate thought is that this could set off an avalanche of claims - similar to PPI.

The fact that all banks had near-identical interest rates should be proof that a cartel was in place. As for Mervyn King, his ludicrous 'plan' to punish savers and pensioners should ensure that he's never left in charge of a piggy-bank.

New thread to spare people trawling through hundreds of posts on similar threads.

BDs 'resignation' just proves they're all fleas on a different dog.

Where does this leave the just-knighted Mervyn King? Danny Alexander?

I hope (but don't expect) this won't descend into the usual party political rubbish. They've ALL been at it.

Just being able to print our own Monopoly money doesn't disguise the fact we're as broke as Greece.

The difference between us and Greece is we have more push and shove.

We have 60 million people, Oil & Gas and the fact that Britain has never defaulted on its debts.

It doesn't mean its going to be easy, its going to be hard times coming but its what we get as always from this countries politicians.

Archived