Cameron's attack on the poor!

well you could try the ones on the link I provided or this one.

http://www.buybritish.com/

Did you buy a UK made car or did you opt to give work to foreign workers?

Give us a clue as to which UK car you mean, some are "assembled" here but the Parent Company are foreign. I cannot think of a British made family car anymore.

Angel.

Many alcoholics drink strong cider and pay virtually no tax. Expensive wines and spirits have high rates of duty and large amounts of VAT.

Many alcohol abusers drink expensive wines and spirits. Middle classes in Harrogate are the worst abusers, according to one study I know of.

more work = less benefits so shouldn't affect too much as long as they start creating work for the people who haven't got a trade or formal training, cut the red tape and get some jobs created. people need to be in work now not in 10 years time.

Their are no jobs for unskilled workers, its all admin work or managers jobs, a few cleaning jobs ect knocking about but not enough for the amount of people out of work...

Are you really surprised? Children have been told in school for the last 50-odd years: "The advent of new technologies means that there will be fewer low-paid, low-skilled jobs, but the new technologies will provide an increase in the number of well-paid hi-tech jobs. Work hard at school, obtain the qualifications you will need and get yourself a well-paid job."

When I first went to school, some people left school (where I grew up) at age 12. School-leaving age rose to 14, then 16 and by the mid 1960's, many people stayed on (in free education) until they were 18.

People aren't kicked out of school into labouring jobs at age 12 or 14 any more. - Why are there so many people who appear to be unemployable?

Many alcohol abusers drink expensive wines and spirits. Middle classes in Harrogate are the worst abusers, according to one study I know of.

Yes I saw one the other day with a nice expensive bottle, problem was he had no intensions of paying any tax, the security guard didn’t take to kindly to him not wanting to pay the rest either. :)

There's nothing that says some of the 1% aren't smokers or drinkers..so they get hit with a double (treble?) whammy :)

The DUTY on a pack of fags is less as a proportion of their income.

The DUTY on a bottle of spirits is less as a proportion of their income.

They are unlikely to spend all their income on these highly taxed things.

Many alcoholics drink strong cider and pay virtually no tax. Expensive wines and spirits have high rates of duty and large amounts of VAT.

Cider is practically PURE TAX.

Expensive wines and spirits have the same DUTY as cheap wines and spirits. (The only difference is the VAT which is levied at the same proportion.)

If an alcoholic spends all his money on cider, he is spending practically all of it on cider DUTY.

If you buy a cheap bottle of vodka for £10, £8 of which is tax, you spending 80% of your money on tax.

If you buy an expensive bottle of vodka for £110, £28 of which is tax, your spending only 25% of your money on tax.

Are you really surprised? Children have been told in school for the last 50-odd years: "The advent of new technologies means that there will be fewer low-paid, low-skilled jobs, but the new technologies will provide an increase in the number of well-paid hi-tech jobs. Work hard at school, obtain the qualifications you will need and get yourself a well-paid job."

When I first went to school, some people left school (where I grew up) at age 12. School-leaving age rose to 14, then 16 and by the mid 1960's, many people stayed on (in free education) until they were 18.

People aren't kicked out of school into labouring jobs at age 12 or 14 any more. - Why are there so many people who appear to be unemployable?

because so many people are forced into further education now because you have to have the bit of paper to say you can do it.

I was'nt very academic much more of a practical person and still like to be thats what i enjoy, i graft hard, sticking me infront of a computer screen or in an office all day would drive me mad :loopy:, and because i just went out and worked after school i have done fine for nyears but now there are no unskilled jobs, and lets be blunt about this most of the unemployed in our country are probably unskilled workers anyway.

And i haven't got time to go to college or university now who is going to pay the rent and feed my children ?, so what choices am i left with ?

In this country now have the unskilled workers being forgotten about, and they are the most important one's to get working.

The fact is that with the advent of technology the number of jobs is reducing, and that includes tech jobs.

A lot of jobs these days are short term, part time or 0 hours contract jobs which only last a few days or weeks. And it's impossible to take them on when it takes 6 - 8 weeks to reinstate benefits.

There are all sorts of reasons why people appear unemployable, and it's as much the fault of the society we live in, as it is the schools...

Archived