Cameron's attack on the poor!

I've moved, and taken those jobs with me as well. So that's a million or so a year in personal taxes that's been lost, plus probably 100k in business taxation.

And of course what goods and services I buy I won't be buying in the UK - so there is that loss as well. And since I control the IP you cannot fill that gap that I left as you won't be able to - I control the IP.

As for why I left - it's simple. While Cameron and Osborn seem to be making reasonable progress to sorting matters they are not going to do so before the next election and that means we will have Labour back, doingexactly what Mecky expects and the UK will tank downwards again. I certainly wouldn't put it past them to impose export controls to prevent a currency flight so I'm getting out early. If I leave and the country stays Conservative I've not lost anything, nor have I lost out on anything more than a minor gain. If howver the worst happens I've avoided having to deal with the same sort of disaster that the last Labour administration wreaked on us. It's simple logic really, so simple that I know they can understand it but the ideologically refuse to accept it.

Well aren't you the lucky ones...?

How many people do you think are in your position to just move and set up abroad when the whim takes them?

It's typical that when the going gets tough, the rich get going...

Well aren't you the lucky ones...?

How many people do you think are in your position to just move and set up abroad when the whim takes them?

It's typical that when the going gets tough, the rich get going...

About a million of us I would suspect.

Of course if you want to you could as well, there is nothing stopping you. I started as a coal miners son, no silver spoon here so if I can, then anyone can so please don't trot out the priviledged few rubbish.

About a million of us I would suspect.

Of course if you want to you could as well, there is nothing stopping you. I started as a coal miners son, no silver spoon here so if I can, then anyone can so please don't trot out the priviledged few rubbish.

I have resposibilities here. A disabled son and an elderly father for astart.

How many people who would like to go are unable to sell their homes?

How many can't relocate their jobs or don't have enough money to set up a new business?

How many people wouldn't be accepted by another country because they are too old, or some other reason? (Not all countries are as soft as Britain when it comes to immigration - Australia for a start.)

You really have no idea about some people's lives, but then that's typically Tory...

I have resposibilities here. A disabled son and an elderly father for astart.

How many people who would like to go are unable to sell their homes?

How many can't relocate their jobs or don't have enough money to set up a new business?

How many people wouldn't be accepted by another country because they are too old, or some other reason? (Not all countries are as soft as Britain when it comes to immigration - Australia for a start.)

You really have no idea about some people's lives, but then that's typically Tory...

Aaaah insults - the last refuge of those bereft of arguments. Please come back when you can resort to debate rather than ad hominem

An apology is neither needed nor expected - I'd just be happy if people would debate the point (that's not aimed at you per se). There's far too much outright abuse on here sometimes for anything meaningful to occur.

An apology is neither needed nor expected - I'd just be happy if people would debate the point (that's not aimed at you per se). There's far too much outright abuse on here sometimes for anything meaningful to occur.

I've apologised, so please could you address the points I made that it's simply not possible for some people to move abroad to escape the fallout of this or any other government, whether they voted for them or not?

I've apologised, so please could you address the points I made that it's simply not possible for some people to move abroad to escape the fallout of this or any other government, whether they voted for them or not?

That's a given, however the issue is surely not that everyone can move abroad, clearly they can't, but that those who pay the most can, so any strategy designed to **** them off will lead to reduced revenue with which to pay for the poor who must stay.

That's a given, however the issue is surely not that everyone can move abroad, clearly they can't, but that those who pay the most can, so any strategy designed to **** them off will lead to reduced revenue with which to pay for the poor who must stay.

You're right, but what I object to is the arrogance of some people who say things like 'If I can do it so can everyone else,' without any serious thought to the reality of other people's situation. And when asked to justify their sweeping assertion they go quiet.

This also seems to be a failure of right wing thinking, endemic in the current government.

As for p****** them off, does this mean we have to dance to the tune of any rich person, just because they have money? Isn't this exactly what we're doing with the bankers that is so deplored?

You're right, but what I object to is the arrogance of some people who say things like 'If I can do it so can everyone else,' without any serious thought to the reality of other people's situation. And when asked to justify their sweeping assertion they go quiet.

This also seems to be a failure of right wing thinking, endemic in the current government.

As for p****** them off, does this mean we have to dance to the tune of any rich person, just because they have money? Isn't this exactly what we're doing with the bankers that is so deplored?

Obelix was just pointing out that anyone can become rich; it’s your personal circumstances that are stopping you doing what Obelix did and not the government or rich people preventing you from doing it.

Archived