Mayan end of world 2012 MEGATHREAD

I did a whole post on this months ago (almost two years ago actually)

we should be able to see this "planet X" on the horizon at sunset from around mid december this year... if it is indeed real... :)

In which case, anyone with even a rubbish telescope should be able to point it at the co-ordinates given and see the planet. Nobody has ever been able to...

I'm a little... in the shadows with this, herd of it etc... didn't think anyone would start another end of world calander theory type thing but... just how is it supposed to end? I know it's the end of this Mayan calander etc... but what will happen? Explosions, fires, everyone turning on each other, murderings, the all mighty lord comes down to judge up on us?

I'm a little... in the shadows with this, herd of it etc... didn't think anyone would start another end of world calander theory type thing but... just how is it supposed to end? I know it's the end of this Mayan calander etc... but what will happen? Explosions, fires, everyone turning on each other, murderings, the all mighty lord comes down to judge up on us?

That just depends on which crank you listen to. The Mayans did not predict anything.

If I decided to believe in it, I'd suggest that nothing would happen - just that the planet and everything on it would cease to exist in an instant. However, that's just as much a crank idea as any other.

That just depends on which crank you listen to. The Mayans did not predict anything.

If I decided to believe in it, I'd suggest that nothing would happen - just that the planet and everything on it would cease to exist in an instant. However, that's just as much a crank idea as any other.

I really like the idea of that. Sort of like a pop and then gone..just a hole in the solar system

Now having a look on Google Sky at my mates house last night, we found out where this so called planet is supposed to be (5h 53m 27s) and put it into the said program.

To our amazement, the only part of the sky to have a blacked out box on it, is 5h 53m 27s.

Weird stuff! :suspect:

Could it be a Chinese Lantern ?

Ours runs for only 365 years before reaching last day, but nobody goes around claiming that the world will end just because it's going to be December 31st.

Maybe not, but our calendar is pretty basic compared to theirs. Their calendar is a work of genius, predictions that have come true to the years etc. such as the world wars I believe? They knew thousands of years ago when solar eclipses would happen even now.. Their math was amazing.

I don't believe the world will end at all, unless the people in power want it to. Depends on what they believe. Are the Illuminati part of the Mayan peoples? It's rumoured that Illuminati are after a New World Order, something which looks set to happen if you look around at world events. Are the people in power part of the Illuminati? Who knows?

I think too much has been made of this 'end of the world' stuff in 2012. That's not what was prophesised by the Mayans. They claimed that the end of their calendar would bring about a time of great spiritual awakening and that civilisation as we know it would come to an end. Seems fairly ambiguous to me - could mean absolutely anything.

As for what will actually happen I have no idea. But the ancient Maya had an understanding of astronomy that modern-day science is only just catching up with, and they knew that on that date in 2012 there will be some kind of huge galactic alignment involving our sun. But I don't think anybody can possibly know exactly how that will affect our civilisation or our spiritual understanding of the universe.

people are getting this all wrong btw, there's nothing saying the world WILL end in 2012 because of Nibiru... they are simply saying that because of its sheer mass, its gravitational pull will adversely affect the planet, it could be a "Day after tomorrow" type global occurance, it could be nothing, it could cause our polar flip (which is way over due any way)

a worse case scenario is indeed the end of life, but that is because it could cause a planetary shift/swap with Mars...

either way, i don't think it'll happen tbh.

Archived