Mayan end of world 2012 MEGATHREAD

Are we talking polar shift here caused by some sort of celestial event or may be an imbalance in the earths core, either way sounds like a good reason for a party.:banana::clap::banana::headbang:

Bugger this, I've just been convinced on reincarnation, and now find that there is going to be nowhere to be reincarnated in. I was a lot better off when I was an agnostic, now I just couldn't care a flying ****. :rolleyes:

Are we talking polar shift here caused by some sort of celestial event or may be an imbalance in the earths core, either way sounds like a good reason for a party.:banana::clap::banana::headbang:

I think it's more to do with the DVD of the film 2012 appearing in sale bins rather than being full price

but a party sounds like a good idea :thumbsup:

Bugger this, I've just been convinced on reincarnation, and now find that there is going to be nowhere to be reincarnated in. I was a lot better off when I was an agnostic, now I just couldn't care a flying ****. :rolleyes:
What's convinced you, crookesy? I've always thought that reincarnation would be a wonderful solution. It makes such a lot of sense ... problem is, there's no real proof :(

Nobody would want to hang about in hell's waiting room if they KNEW for certain they could get another bite at the cherry, would they? :D

What's convinced you, crookesy? I've always thought that reincarnation would be a wonderful solution. It makes such a lot of sense ... problem is, there's no real proof :(

Nobody would want to hang about in hell's waiting room if they KNEW for certain they could get another bite at the cherry, would they? :D

Just clutching at straws mate, but the maths don't work out, are there not more folk on the planet this second than have ever stood on it cumulatively since man appeared?

I don't see the big deal, what's the difference in thousands losing their lives in a Tsunami and the lot of us copping it together?

"End of the world". What does that even mean? The planet will live on long after we've gone, so what does the phrase refer to? Kinda funny really, for a race of people supposedly anti-religious etc, we seem to be a surprisingly superstitious bunch when it comes to this! :D

Isn't it true that several scientists have already debunked the idea of the Mayans having "predicted" this with their calendar, saying our interpretation of it is muddled at best?

My big concern over the 2012 thing, is the amount of mass suicides that will inevitably take place around the time of the predictions. Some people seem worryingly alarmed by it, people who would otherwise be rational and intelligent folk. What will they do when nothing happens?

There is another big asteroid on its way for 2036: 1 in 250,000, worth a tenner on it ;-}

By asteroidal standards it's fairly tiny; only about 300 metres across, if that. The worst it could do is to wipe out a city or two, or flood a few hundred square miles of coastline.

Archived