Mayan end of world 2012 MEGATHREAD

"End of the world". What does that even mean? The planet will live on longer after we've gone,so what does the phrase refer to? Kinda funny really, for a race of people supposedly anti-religious etc, we seem to be a surprisingly superstitious bunch when it comes to this! :D

Isn't it true that several scientists have already debunked the idea of the Mayans having "predicted" this with their calendar, saying our interpretation of it is muddled at best?

My big concern over the 2012 thing, is the amount of mass suicides that will inevitably take place around the time of the predictions. Some people seem worryingly alarmed by it, people who would otherwise be rational and intelligent folk. What will they do when nothing happens?

My bold

I reckon the phrase refers to the arrogant, self gratifying, sense of universal importance that we(the human race) have credited ourselves with . I reckon that the phrase must have been coined by a bunch of numpties who believed that the end of the human race, would result in an end to all universal meaning and purpose. Human arrogance and hypocrisy knows no bounds.

• 2 months later...

If real, there's NO WAY this could be kept quiet. There are hundreds, if not thousands of people around the world with access to technology that could confirm the existence of such a thing (telescopes). No one Government could keep them all quiet.

Therefore, nothing exists and it's all baloney. :)

Not sure if the world will end 2010 but I do believe that something major will happen that shall effect us all.

Absolutely nothing will happen next year. Well, other than the usual disasters that happen every year.

It's the Millennium Bug all over again :)

I agree with you. The Illuminati are everywhere & consist mostly of the high powered people around the world who have control over issues/situations like you would not believe that we see in our day to day life yet are blinded by or made to believe in thinking etc. If you look at certain parts of the UK it is steadily in the process of a nannying state. Watch this space......

Not sure if the world will end 2010 but I do believe that something major will happen that shall effect us all.

Just thinking about this is given me the jeepers creepers, great :(

The Illuminati / New World Order are as real as the planet Nibiru.

• 2 months later...

Archived