Mayan end of world 2012 MEGATHREAD

A silly superstitious fool with a PhD
A PHD in a completely unrelated subject.

who has been studying the subject for over 30 years.
You can study nonsense for 30 years and learn naught but a whole load of nonsense, I'd trust him about as much as I'd trust someone who'd been studying homeopathy for 30 years.

But if you really must dismiss his research out of hand then try reading the works of others, such as Graham Hancock for example. His book Fingerprints of the Gods shows that the Maya (along with other central and south American cultures such as the Olmecs) had an incredibly advanced understanding of astronomy that western science has only caught up with in the last couple of centuries.
Caught up with several centuries ago, and now overtaken significantly. What is your point? So they knew about a few star positions, what does that prove?

As for your comment about evolution, what they were actually referring to was spiritual evolution, not Darwinism.

Oh wow, that's just another reason to call him a silly superstitious fool! 'Spiritual evolution' that's a good one! :hihi:

A silly superstitious fool with a PhD who has been studying the subject for over 30 years. But if you really must dismiss his research out of hand then try reading the works of others, such as Graham Hancock for example. His book Fingerprints of the Gods shows that the Maya (along with other central and south American cultures such as the Olmecs) had an incredibly advanced understanding of astronomy that western science has only caught up with in the last couple of centuries.

As for your comment about evolution, what they were actually referring to was spiritual evolution, not Darwinism.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Graham Hancock is nothing more than an intellectual fraudster capitalising on the gullibility of Atlantis fan boys.

jb

• 4 weeks later...

well, i have heard that the end or should i say the beginning of the end, will start in 2012, if this is true then this will really be penultimate year for the human race, according to what i have heard, the Mayans have foreseen the end to be in 2012 and if so, where are these details found, also, what of Nostradamus, heard that his predictions have had a strange way of coming true as well

it is really fascinating all this, am sure i am not the only one who believes that the human race will eventually have its day and will all be extinct, it is nature after all, we will have to go some time, only thing is - when ???

well, i have heard that the end or should i say the beginning of the end, will start in 2012, if this is true then this will really be penultimate year for the human race, according to what i have heard, the Mayans have foreseen the end to be in 2012 and if so, where are these details found, also, what of Nostradamus, heard that his predictions have had a strange way of coming true as well

it is really fascinating all this, am sure i am not the only one who believes that the human race will eventually have its day and will all be extinct, it is nature after all, we will have to go some time, only thing is - when ???

I bet you 10 grand it's not next year

Here is another one........the end is nye.......again.......

http://the-end.com/2008GodsFinalWitness/?gclid=CODi0tqtjqsCFSIhtAodrlPnvw

Archived