Mayan end of world 2012 MEGATHREAD

Strange that they couldn't predict their own demise 800 years ago.

Strange that there are still 7 million Maya alive and kicking today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_peoples

There are an estimated 7 million Maya living in this area at the start of the 21st century.[1] Ethnic Maya of Guatemala, southern Mexico and the Yucatán Peninsula, Belize, El Salvador, and western Honduras have managed to maintain substantial remnants of their ancient cultural heritage.

Also the Maya never predicted the end of the world in 2012.It was just the end of a whole cycle.

Look its like this...

2012 will no doubt ably be the end of the world to some of us, but it won't be apocalyptic.

Anyone who is unlucky to go on 2012 won't have the Mayans to blame for it that's for sure.

I'm feeling cruck now but its probably more to do with my home brew wine than the south Americans.

I watched "Knowing" last night (was on Film 4 earlier this week), anyone seen it? I don't recall ever seeing much advertising for it when it was released. It had an interesting - and extremely plausible - take on the end of the world.

I've just watched the trailer, finding a bit of paper in a 50 year time capsule with predictions of bad things happening doesn't sound plausible to me.

But looks like a cracking movie and it's repeated on film 4 tomorrow night at 9pm if anyone else wants to watch it.

I watched "Knowing" last night (was on Film 4 earlier this week), anyone seen it? I don't recall ever seeing much advertising for it when it was released. It had an interesting - and extremely plausible - take on the end of the world.

I saw it in the cinema, I really liked it up to the end which I thought it was contrived and didn't make much sense.

Archived