Mayan end of world 2012 MEGATHREAD

The queen kinda does it, but she celebrates them both anyway.

and in oz they have two seperate national holiday's for the queen's birthday... and what is more neither of them are on the actual date... that makes three...

how unfair is that when we just get one!

and in oz they have two seperate national holiday's for the queen's birthday... and what is more neither of them are on the actual date... that makes three...

how unfair is that when we just get one!

The Aussies actually give a hoot about the Queen though, most people in UK think she's just another old Lady, and a tourist attraction.

• 1 year later...

Something major is going to happen, I'm convinced of that.

Just what? Who knows. I don't think the world is going to be destroyed - but I think there will be MAJOR changes to the way we live our lives.

Whether that will be a total melt-down of the world's financial systems, or a cataclysmic natural disaster, I have no idea.

But the world will be very different after 2012.

It might be hard to come to terms with at first, and involve a lot of suffering for many people - but I believe that in the end, it will prove to have been a good thing.

I hope, and believe, that it will cause the human race to move away from materialism and become more spiritual. I think it will benefit us all greatly in terms of our spiritual development, and we will be left with a much better and happier world.

Have faith. Que sera sera.

StarSparkle

Not particularly. I'll have to read a couple more of the sites in detail but I'll be taking them with a large pinch of salt. In 1999 when the world was meant to end I was a little younger, a bit more impressionable, less cynical and more naive so it did occupy my thoughts a little leading up to the millenium but as it turned out it wasn't worth the worry. :blush:

If you listen to the Jovo's then world is meant to end every few years when 'God will return to take away all the badness'. :loopy: We're all going to die some day (hopefully not at the same time) so why not just get on with it and enjoy it while it's here. :)

Wasn't it supposed to end 1999/2000!!! :roll:

Wasn't that the Millennium Bug? When all the computer systems were going to crash and life as we cyber-people know it would end. We might have had to actually go out and talk to teh real people!:o

Not sure about the 2012 thing, it'll be like all the other 'End of the World is nigh' theories, we'll wake up the next morning and go "Ahhhhhh!"

Some people believe that it is the dawn of a new age of enlightenment and spirituality rather than an apocalipse

Also the bible says that no man will know when the end will happen it only gives signs of the end, so no point in worrying me thinks :D .

Archived