Mayan end of world 2012 MEGATHREAD

I read something a while ago - it may have been nostrodamus or something telling that the end of the world will be nigh when the earth becomes subjected to severe weather fluctuaions and an increase in natural disasters.

This will ultimately lead to a mass famine and discord would spread amongst survivors, who will then turn upon each other.

Lovely picture aint it???

He did predict a lot of things, that have come true. I do believe this will happen, but when is anyone's guess... :)

All predictions are in 2012. Humans will realise then what they dont now. People who once were Atheist will realise?

??

Yes, 2012 as a significant year - as also predicted by the writers of the X Files - this being the year when aliens would finally invade Earth; the writers of Doctor Who - this being the year when the lone Dalek is found; and Tolkien - this being the year when the Notion Club Papers are found which reveal that Middle-earth was a real place (and also show that Tolkien eerily predicted the storm of 1987) ;)

I'm not convinced the planet holds any store in human constructs such as numbers and calendars.

I thought it was 22/12/2012?

Anyway, I read a book about it recently and some of it made sense...the physics bits sounded plausible. Then the guy who wrote it started going on about the bible code, so he completely turned me off it all.

If the Mayans were so clever, why is it that they're extinct and the ruins of their society is growing the Central American equivalent of daisies? If their predictive abilities were so damn good, why didn't they see what did for them?

Something may happen in 2012 - it may not.

Everything that the worry-warts have suggested, from asteroid strike to solar magetic field reversal, Earth magnetic field reversal, famine, flood, volcanoes and earthquakes - Earth has suffered them all before.

If it's so big that it's a planetary wide extinction event then there ain't much point in worrying about it, as wherever you run to it'll get you.

I personally think, if anything at all, it will be more of a 'paradigm shift' for our time - a sort of 21st Century Woodstock, with a change in our attitudes and beliefs.

As you say, the Earth has witnessed catatrophic events in its long history however the only difference is it is now inhabited by an arrogant species that thinks it can do something about it.

Archived