Tax help needed

Incidentally, don't pay them a penny. The accountants who I was supposed to be using to con them out of tax said that it will take forever to get it back.

When I did my first Self Assessment in December it said I owed £16, so I paid it. It was when the £1049 bill came in January that I refused. I had the savings to pay it, but that wasn't the point.

The only difference between me and you weegeedylan is that they never passed it to a debt collection agency, they just kept sending revised bills with the penalty charges on.

And six months on, despite the apology I've still not seen the £16.

Here's the complaints address:

HM Revenue & Customs

Self Assessment

PO Box 4000

Cardiff

CF14 8HR

And here's the details for the Independent Adjudicator (I wrongly called them the Ombudsman earlier): http://www.adjudicatorsoffice.gov.uk/

I contacted them because my two recorded delivery letters to HRMC were not responded to within 30 days.

Incidentally, don't pay them a penny. The accountants who I was supposed to be using to con them out of tax said that it will take forever to get it back.

When I did my first Self Assessment in December it said I owed £16, so I paid it. It was when the £1049 bill came in January that I refused. I had the savings to pay it, but that wasn't the point.

The only difference between me and you weegeedylan is that they never passed it to a debt collection agency, they just kept sending revised bills with the penalty charges on.

And six months on, despite the apology I've still not seen the £16.

Here's the complaints address:

HM Revenue & Customs

Self Assessment

PO Box 4000

Cardiff

CF14 8HR

thank you . do you know what will be happened if i do nothing about it? i am looking for remortgage at moment, so i dont want be effect by this matter.

cheers

thank you . do you know what will be happened if i do nothing about it? i am looking for remortgage at moment, so i dont want be effect by this matter.

cheers

HMRC don't do credit checks, so there would be no search history from them. As long as you have no other adverse problems with your credit record, eg CCJs (County Court Judgements), you shouldn't be affected by the current issue with HMRC.

Archived