Car Insurance Tips?

Never go for the standard mileage on your annual cover, they usually cover you for something like 10,000 miles a year, ask to lower it to something like 2000 a year, it can make quite a difference,

enquire about being put on your mum/dads insurance as a seperate policy holder, i think direct line do it where you will build up no claims discount through them to use for yourself.

Unless his mum/dad is driving the car in the majority, this is called fronting and is fraud, and also part of the reason insurance is expensive.

I think it is about £130 to sign up to the Institute of Advanced Motorists. They are a charity who will put you through your Advanced driving test after however many sessions you need included in the annual fee. It is thought by the instructor I have spoken to that an individual is around 70% less likely to be involved in an accident afterwards. This cost is comparable to pass plus which has never made a vast difference to my insurance costs despite being advertised to the contrary.

Also as you're male you may want to wait until after the 21st of Dec, after this date a EU ruling meaning insurers cant discriminate over sex comes into play, males insurance premiums will drop, however women's insurance will be increased (heavily in some cases).

I have been driving for years and years. My insurance is £600 a year 3rd-party and I have full no-claims. Two grand doesn't seem that bad.

What car is that for? I've been driving for years and years .my insurance is around £200 fully comp!.. My 23 year old son's insurance is only around £420 fully comp for a 1.8 .....

Archived