Car Insurance Tips?

What car is that for? I've been driving for years and years .my insurance is around £200 fully comp!.. My 23 year old son's insurance is only around £420 fully comp for a 1.8 .....

Who are you insured with? My insurance is due for renewal in August. At the moment My Clio 1.4 is £400 fully comp, 6 years no claims (been driving for over 30 years).

Who are you insured with? My insurance is due for renewal in August. At the moment My Clio 1.4 is £400 fully comp, 6 years no claims (been driving for over 30 years).

Without going home to look.. I think it's Aviva..

Unfortunately it also comes down to a Postcode lottery.

I have been driving for over 30 years, got 7 years no claims and drive a 15 year old car worth £500.

I pay £600 because I live in Parson Cross.

I don't understand why I pay more because of my Postcode. Surely most claims arise from accidents on the road and not because of thefts from your drive?

It's just another example of Rip-Off Britain.

Unfortunately it also comes down to a Postcode lottery.

I have been driving for over 30 years, got 7 years no claims and drive a 15 year old car worth £500.

I pay £600 because I live in Parson Cross.

I don't understand why I pay more because of my Postcode. Surely most claims arise from accidents on the road and not because of thefts from your drive?

It's just another example of Rip-Off Britain.

I suppose now that they can't discriminate on sex, they might also stop discriminating on postcode and age.

Maybe even a set price for insurance could become the norm.

I have only been driving for 6 years, and my insurance is only about £300 (can't remember exact figure). (I found Tesco to be the cheapest for me, but of course, it won't be for everyone) I have a car which is less than 3 years old. My age and sex could have something to do with it - 60 and female).

Try the different comparison sites if you haven't already, and also try some insurance companies independently - some don't use comparison sites.

Good luck!

I have only been driving for 6 years, and my insurance is only about £300 (can't remember exact figure). (I found Tesco to be the cheapest for me, but of course, it won't be for everyone) I have a car which is less than 3 years old. My age and sex could have something to do with it - 60 and female).

Try the different comparison sites if you haven't already, and also try some insurance companies independently - some don't use comparison sites.

Good luck!

Prepare for a rise on your next renewal then (if its after 21st of Dec).

• 9 months later...
Buy a moped...

jb

I am looking into car insurance. Just did 2 quotes online. Moneysupermarket came back at £1087 (Priviledge)with £200 access. The other quote came back at £1514.79 without access. But it did not ask.

I havnt got a car yet, but I listed a diesel corsa, and on the lower quote I put access to another works car. Its a bus, but I guess that is what they meant.

I dont mind a £500 access and 3000/4000 milage, what type of car would bring the quotes down?

---------- Post added 20-04-2013 at 19:01 ----------

It came down to £993 when I clicked on third party plus

Archived