OMG how can they justify the huge price hike in ASDA ?

I have just been to the new ASDA S5 for a few bits and I was nearly struck down by a near heart attack.

I picked up a bag of own brand midget gems ( nothing to do with short people for all you PC correct nutcases ), they have gone up from 32p to a whopping unbelievable 48p. I am appalled by this price hike and I for one will be boycotting the store until they are returned to 32p.

Thank you

Rant over :rant:

Please tell me.... the ASDA Wine Gums have not gone up as well!!!

There be riots a brewin!

By this time brother I saw red and couldn't take it no longer. It was like the time the 99p burgers in Mc'ds went up to £1.09 , aww the humanity !

I have just been to the new ASDA S5 for a few bits and I was nearly struck down by a near heart attack.

I picked up a bag of own brand midget gems ( nothing to do with short people for all you PC correct nutcases ), they have gone up from 32p to a whopping unbelievable 48p. I am appalled by this price hike and I for one will be boycotting the store until they are returned to 32p.

Thank you

Don't eat and you will save a fortune ! :hihi:

Sorted ! ;)

The thing is what will kiddies do now?They would have got three bags and 4p change-now they get the same change but only one bag.Moreover the gems are now pygmy or dwarf rather than midget in dimension.Have you noticed how the supermarkets employ small staff,mini-trolleys and even lower ceilings to disguise smaller product sizes?

Thank you

Give it 3 or 4 weeks and the price will be dropped back to 32p with a sign saying 16p off.

It's price fixing and it should be made illegal.

Give it 3 or 4 weeks and the price will be dropped back to 32p with a sign saying 16p off.

It's price fixing and it should be made illegal.

It is illegal but the law is never enforced as Trading Standards lack funds and conviction.They would describe this issue as small problem.

Archived