OMG how can they justify the huge price hike in ASDA ?

The worldwide wholesale price of midget gems has increased due to a surge in demand from India and China, hence the increase in price.

The price will more than likely keep rising as they get rarer and more endangered.

The most abhorrant thing about the trade is that the midget's gems are harvested and the rest is just thrown away. So sad. :shakes:

Asda and all supermarkets are con merchants, I usually buy Asda brand soda water in their 6 pack size, been paying £2 per pack for months and then 2 weeks ago it went up in price to £2.25. Went in on Monday to buy some and it had a big sign on it ROLL BACK PRICE £2, so wait a couple of weeks and they may go back to the old price.

I used to get a large bag of chipsticks and the wife and myself would get a bowl each and share them.

All of a sudden they doubled in price so I solved the financial dilema by buying a smaller bag and not giving the wife any of them.

7 pack of chipsticks for a pound at Iceland, treat the wife. Also 8 pack for a pound at Morrisons when they are on offer, 1.75 when they aren't then nobody buys them and they go on offer again.

Don't buy/eat midget gems.

It is illegal but the law is never enforced as Trading Standards lack funds and conviction.They would describe this issue as small problem.

Price fixing is illegal, but just changing your own prices isn't what's meant by price fixing. If they'd agreed with Sainsbury's, Tesco & Morrisons to all put their midget gem prices up, that'd be illegal price fixing.

Archived