Why no cover-up of banking scandal ?

But why are we all being made aware of it through the somewhat dodgy "mass media" who have their own agendas ? This could easily have been covered up and papered over , without us sheepies being any the wiser .

That's good evidence that they don't have as much of a secret agenda as you seem to think they do.

They're looking for someone to blame for them selling subprime mortgages to people who never had any chance of being able to pay them back, repackaged the debt and sold it internationally, then went bust and defaulted, taking half of the western world with them?

Start with the people who took out the mortgages, the lenders and Obama. He pushed for them to be available years before he became president.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/4413546/This-is-the-sub-prime-house-that-Barack-Obama-built.html

How will they ever be able to quantify the amounts? They won't.

Wanting this to blow up and be a huge is ridiculous as it will seriously damage the city. No sane person would want that. The wealth may not trickle down but the hurt definitely will. They may be amoral scumbags but the British economy really can't do without them.

I think you are probably right on every count.

So we allow Britain to continue to be run by super rich, super powerful criminals and scumbags, until they've sucked up all the wealth for themselves and the people are left with the crumbs?

People who are above the law of the land?

What sort of country is that?

What makes you think that the rest of the world will condone this and want the City of London to remain the world's centre of finance?

What we are being made aware of is the tip of the iceberg, something people can see and possibly understand when explained constantly in simple spoon sized chunks.

The reality is the wonks at the FSA are not that bright, otherwise they would be working for the banks/finance industry, they do not understand the complexity of the schemes, which is of course the point. Thus they cannot see any wrong, as they do not and are unable due to educational abilities to begin to work out things created by the brightest brains in the world.

Kicking donkeys for being stupid, seems pointless to me. The bright kids can earn million pound bonuses, plus a salary with perks, which the average person in Sheffield would not earn in 10 years. They live in flats that cost millions, houses costing 10 of millions and buying a Ferrari like its a packet of fags. and all by the time they are 26 or so.

What we are being made aware of is the tip of the iceberg, something people can see and possibly understand when explained constantly in simple spoon sized chunks.

The reality is the wonks at the FSA are not that bright, otherwise they would be working for the banks/finance industry, they do not understand the complexity of the schemes, which is of course the point. Thus they cannot see any wrong, as they do not and are unable due to educational abilities to begin to work out things created by the brightest brains in the world.

Kicking donkeys for being stupid, seems pointless to me. The bright kids can earn million pound bonuses, plus a salary with perks, which the average person in Sheffield would not earn in 10 years. They live in flats that cost millions, houses costing 10 of millions and buying a Ferrari like its a packet of fags. and all by the time they are 26 or so.

The average person in Sheffield wouldn't earn it in a lifetime, unless they robbed the bank. But then they'd get thrown in prison....

My Bold:

I think you're probably right. I'll lay odds there's all kinds of skulduggery and shady dealings still happening as we speak. What's happened with Barclays is probably just a showcase to divert attention. :suspect:

Archived