Happy 'throwing off colonial overlords' day, USA!

Happy independence day to all Yanks, got my union Jack flying outside my house today, my neighbors love it :), gets me invited to all the street BBQs but have to work :mad:

Aw, on the 4th?

We're having a bit of lazy day here on account of the USA being closed.

Yep, US closed for the day but with one eye open, can't trust you Brits :)

"Perfidious Albion" eh?

It must seem like every time our cousins accross the pond go to sleep, there's a new anti-US diatribe posted on here. No wonder you keep an eye to windward!

"Perfidious Albion" eh?

It must seem like every time our cousins accross the pond go to sleep, there's a new anti-US diatribe posted on here. No wonder you keep an eye to windward!

Errr, have to take your word on that , hope it means something good :huh:

Yep, US closed for the day but with one eye open, can't trust you Brits :)

I never really understood the independence day business as not many of the US states were ever under British rule in the first place.

But the good thing about it is Canada didn't get embroiled in the civil war that followed after the independent states found they didn't get along too well.

Was it just the first thirteen?

yeap...

Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, Connecticut, Massachusetts Bay, Maryland, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, and Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.

Most of the expansion of the US happened in the mid-1800s with the last state, Hawaii, being added in the 50s.

Though what state borders looked like then isnt how they look now..

Archived