Happy 'throwing off colonial overlords' day, USA!

Moan, whinge, score nationalist points. Rinse and repeat.

Happy Independence Day Sierra, poppins, Buck, Harleyman, and all the rest of our transatlantic friends.

Thank You my friend. God bless you and your family and enjoy the Olympics. I want to see the UK grab a few of those gold medals. I'll be cheering you on you can bet on that :thumbsup:

I never really understood the independence day business as not many of the US states were ever under British rule in the first place.

But the good thing about it is Canada didn't get embroiled in the civil war that followed after the independent states found they didn't get along too well.

Doesnt Canada celebrate their anniversary of Confederation which took place in 1867?

Happy Independence Day Sierra, poppins, Buck, Harleyman, and all the rest of our transatlantic friends.

Thank you, Phan and everyone else too! :wave:

You are such a nice guy. Every year you wish us a happy fourth. :)

I'm surprised the British dont celebrate when they burned down the white house in 1812...

Anyways happy 4th to my fellow Americans either here or back in the States.

I think many would rather celebrate the burning down of Buckingham palace and Chatsworth house.

A lot of Americans being Brits that emigrated to escape their land monopolist overlords.

Brits still being subjects of their land monopolist overlords.

Oh come on now admit it, you know you all miss us cheery Brits and our great weather!

You probably don't believe me, but your weather intrigues me. England always looks so cool and green. I'd probably die from the cold, but it is so hot here sometimes. And rain in the summer? Forget it. Maybe a freak occurance once in a blue moon. :(

Archived