Which is the best or worst McDonalds in Sheffield?

bulldog D

Why is it that the formula food served up in these places varies so much and so do the size of the portions and has anybody actually had something that resembles it's photograph?

So I don't come across as totally biased the one on Greenland Road is usually quite good at serving up hot burgers, crispy fries and decent coffee but some of the others are woeful.

what yer think?

I'd say the drive through on Archer road is one of the worst.

Went through once - ordered food from drive through bit. Not ready so got told to park up. Waited 20 minutes - no sign of food arriving. Went to complain and had to wait 5 minutes before speaking to someone. Finally asked to speak to the manager who said 'sorry we've had a bit of a run on'. In the end was there for 35 minutes before finally getting food.

The manager just wouldn't have it that I had been waiting that long even though the time was clearly printed on the ticket - he said 'the clock must be wrong on the till'.

Wrote to McDonalds about the incident who promptly sent me a load of free vouchers....

Even now they are still useless.

Well, try and avoid eating anything with lettuce on at the Granville Road one - Xmas Eve two years ago I had come from Doncaster after finishing work to meet my fiance. He'd been on his works xmas do so was a little worse for wear and ravenous, so we stopped in there for something to eat.

We both ordered Big Macs and he was wolfing his fries down, then picked up his burger. I saw something really weird and took it off him to have a closer look. In the top layer of lettuce was a caterpillar. Not one of those little tiny ones, but a big fat green caterpillar. I brought up what I'd already eaten, while he started causing a scene. Due to him being quite drunk and shouting at the staff in there, I hastily accepted a refund and we left with me stopping now and then to spew.

We later realised what a mistake that was - we should have kept the burger to take photographs or reported them to their head office. He did say he was going to write a letter to them and The Sheffield Star, but as we were in the process of buying a house at the time it kind of got forgotten about!

The worst McDonald's IMO is the one at the back of Morrisons on Penistone Road.

It's too small for a start.

Best one would have to be.... possibly the one on the retail park at Attercliffe, that or the Queens Road one.

Archived