Slave descendants have superior athletic genes!

Why is that any of your business? Many posters would have taken the same view skinz did of your crass post.

Why is it any of his?

I wasn't even addressing him.

He stuck his ore in.

Or should i say you stuck your ore in but under a different guise ;)

If you'd continued to read further, you'd see that I'm saying the social infrastructure that surrounds private golf and tennis clubs excludes working class people, a group that most black people are members of.

Just as an example, many years ago a friend of mine who is a golf fanatic invited me to attend a pro/celebrity day at his private club. He mentioned to the steward that I'd be his guest and anticipating my skin colour might cause a problem mentioned that too. The steward in the most diplomatic fashion he could said my presence would "embarrass the club president". Now I've often found myself in positions where I've embarrassed myself and the people around me, but never because Im black. It was no great issue to me and no more than I expected, but it certainly wasn't a sport I felt comfortable engaging in so never did so and never encouraged my kids to do so (all of whom are very sporty), golf's loss I say.

I'm sure similar comments by the steward could have been made about women/bricklayers/unemployed/students/miners/taxi drivers etc etc..golf & tennis clubs do themselves no favours by perpetuating this vile class and hierarchical discrimination whose 'accepted' members are only happy to engage in.

Blacks should rise above their class then and become more than bottom rung, working class at best.

Its always someone else fault isnt it when blacks dont achieve something THEY think they should.

:rolleyes:

Why is it any of his?

He stuck his ore in.

Or should i say you stuck your ore in but under a different guise ;)

I'm rather flattered to be associated with skinz and his/her posts to be honest :)

Blacks should rise above their class then and become more than bottom rung, working class at best.

Its always someone else fault isnt it when blacks dont achieve something THEY think they should.

:rolleyes:

I don't think I was apportioning blame, or claiming it was exclusively a phenomenon that affected blacks.

Someone asked for the reasoning as to why blacks appear to be invisible in sports like tennis and golf, I proposed a possible answer.

No one was lamenting the absence of blacks in tennis or golf, certainly not me, I don't give a monkey's-in my opinion at the private club level they're both activities engaged in by arses.

Blacks might not participate in these sports and that leaves them free to engage in others.

Why is it any of his?

You don't have to be addressing me for me to reply, you're posting on an open forum where all posts can be replied too. If you want to question someone personally then go to Pm's..either that or stop whining like a dribbling 2yr old.

Archived