Not enough iron in my blood??

Could just be your diet. Many people consider themselves have have normal diets but when viewed by someone else, is seen as very deficient and nutritionally unbalanced.

Women generally have lower iron levels anyway so as long as you start eating right you should be alright.

Why they've written you a script before advising you on foods that boost your iron levels is beyond me.

Wasting money again.

That depends what the prescription is for; if it's simply for iron tablets,which is likely, then you're quite right; and for anyone who pays for prescriptions it would be far cheaper to buy the things from Superdrug.

It is possible that the OP has some medical condition which prevents her body from properly processing iron, which would mean that there's plenty of it in her body but not enough of it getting into the blood where it's needed. That would have to be treated by prescription, but it's an unlikely scenario - and I'm not sure that a mere blood test would pick that up anyway. :huh:

That depends what the prescription is for; if it's simply for iron tablets,which is likely, then you're quite right; and for anyone who pays for prescriptions it would be far cheaper to buy the things from Superdrug.

It is possible that the OP has some medical condition which prevents her body from properly processing iron, which would mean that there's plenty of it in her body but not enough of it getting into the blood where it's needed. That would have to be treated by prescription, but it's an unlikely scenario - and I'm not sure that a mere blood test would pick that up anyway. :huh:

That's what I'm saying. OP said they tested her blood and it showed low iron...it's not clear as to whether she discussed why that might be, with her doctor.

Archived