The baliffs are on form this year

Azzbo

Did a 24hr cat session at weekend, had a few little runs but nothing productive. The next morning the sun was out and a 20lb plus carp was feeding on the top just at the edge of my peg, i thought i might aswel try and catch it as i was running out of ideas for the catfish and already watched my dad catch a 21lb carp and 2 catfish. I got my other rod out of my holdhall, and free lined a floating dog biscuit near the hungry carp. About 5 mins later, just my luck, a baliff appeared at the side of me, he asked for my license which i showed him but he soon realised i had 3 rods and 1 license.........gutted. there was no way of reasoning with him and he issued me my prosecution ticket and read me my rights, i am now awaiting the letter to tell me my fine. Any ideas how much im looking at? Thanks

if i were you i would expect something in the region of £500 but it could be quite easily £800, explain the situation to the judge or whoever and state you DO have a licence for the 2 rods and that you hold your hands up to a simple easy mistake.

i saw about 7 lads on another lake get tickets for no lkicence at all a few weeks back, the bailiffs are out in force and i fully support them , for too long nothing has been done

Yes, gave me the do not have to say anything speech, I don't support how they don't care about the polish killing our fish, saw 2 of them last month spinning into the sides of the big carp that wer spawning. What happens if u don't pay ya fine?

if i were you i would expect something in the region of £500 but it could be quite easily £800, explain the situation to the judge or whoever and state you DO have a licence for the 2 rods and that you hold your hands up to a simple easy mistake.

i saw about 7 lads on another lake get tickets for no lkicence at all a few weeks back, the bailiffs are out in force and i fully support them , for too long nothing has been done

Yeah gotta agree with you,i fully support them too.wow that fine suprises me though.

Yeah gotta agree with you,i fully support them too.wow that fine suprises me though.

the fine was just an estimate, there are some where people have been handed £2k fines and some where there have paid £200, i dont think £500 will be far off but its just a guess.

i hope i dont lol, i should have known better, im sure most of us have done the same with a sneaky rod when the fishing is off, il let ya no wot the letter says when it comes, sure some people on ere will think i deserve it, cheers for lookin into it pal

Shocking that you should be fined for fishing.

If you ask me, Englishmen should have the right to catch fish and eat them if they wish.

This is just a way of keeping the common man down. I recall 'friends' catching trout when skint for supper.

Archived