The baliffs are on form this year

Azzbo

Shocking that you should be fined for fishing.

If you ask me, Englishmen should have the right to catch fish and eat them if they wish.

This is just a way of keeping the common man down. I recall 'friends' catching trout when skint for supper.

i have a license already, but this only permits me to use 2 rods, u need to buy a anutha license for 3 or 4 rods, i should have known better

had a licence for the last 20 years but last year i went pleasure fishing and bailiff came round and i had forgot to renew i too thought fine would be big after reading on internet but when papers came through it was a £30 fine or court was a big relief so hopefully you will get lucky gotta say aswell i never seen a bailiff since in last 50 times ive been

Yes, gave me the do not have to say anything speech, I don't support how they don't care about the polish killing our fish, saw 2 of them last month spinning into the sides of the big carp that wer spawning. What happens if u don't pay ya fine?

Have to agree with you there mate- the foreigners are getting away with murder (of the fish!) but i'll bet they're too scared to have a pop at them :mad::mad:

I had a run in last year with three of them just about to net the canal, they bu**ered off without their net so it went to the dumpit site ;)

Hope you get let off mate as you did at least have a licence ;)

I nearly said stuff it with the licence as I went for one today and the miserable cow at the post office told me I had to go home and fetch the paper from the EA, she was too idle to type a few letters/numbers in and told me it had to be scanned, I got one no bother from another post office..

Couldn't bring myself to fish without one :(

Biggsy..

our authorities aren't so bad as some when it comes to fishing misdemeanours. when i've been fishing in spain i've heard some real horror stories. for instance, three lads went to fish the ebro at mequinenza which is a day ticket stretch. two of them began to tackle up whilst the third walked to the shop to purchase the tickets. meanwhile, along came two policemen who asked to see their tickets. they explained that someone had gone to get them. not good enough said the coppers who confiscated all three sets of tackle. result: a trip to the local copshop where they had to pay 200 euros each to get their tackle back.

Yes, gave me the do not have to say anything speech, I don't support how they don't care about the polish killing our fish, saw 2 of them last month spinning into the sides of the big carp that wer spawning. What happens if u don't pay ya fine?

Do symphathise and hope you don't too big a fine for what was clearly only a spur of the moment lack of judgment but have to say when you saw Polish men you should have intervened or at least called police

Archived