London to send homeless to Yorkshire

Tonights London evening standard has a report claiming that some London boroughs are looking at sending their benefit housing tenants to Yorkshire following the reduction in housing benefit. Hull was mentioned in the article but other areas are also being considered.

This will apparently save them £300 per month per family.

So loads of unemployed being shipped up to Yorkshire !!! After reading the housing threads from Chem1st I'm surprised there are any available houses left for local families let alone those from London !!!

Thoughts?

Tonights London evening standard has a report claiming that some London boroughs are looking at sending their benefit housing tenants to Yorkshire following the reduction in housing benefit. Hull was mentioned in the article but other areas are also being considered.

This will apparently save them £300 per month per family.

So loads of unemployed being shipped up to Yorkshire !!! After reading the housing threads from Chem1st I'm surprised there are any available houses left for local families let alone those from London !!!

Thoughts?

Yorkshire should send its unemployed up to keep the Scots company. :)

If it's by offering people homes in Yorkshire, that's all well and good, and everybody wins.

If it's compulsory ... well forgive me for being a little queasy about forced migration. It doesn't usually end well.

Apart from the poeple in Yorkshire that can't afford an home.

Archived