London to send homeless to Yorkshire

After the Rochdale abuse scandal its recently been revealed that the North West is a dumping ground for youngsters. The small town of Rochdale has more childrens homes than entire Greater London and the South East combined.

That surely isn't right?

The infrastructure is there to deal with it. It is nothing to do with what is right and fair and proper as it is about money.

The capping of housing benefits were designed to do this. It is not something to be astonished about as it was always the likely result. To be more accurate, it was the planned result. The tories are attempting to move poverty out of the capital as poverty is not pretty for tourists to look at.

The prosperous tourist on his way to Selfridges should not be made to suffer the indignity of being approached by a homeless ex nurse who was made redundant by the present fascist regime.:)

Correct.

First they came for the unemployed and I did not stand up for them because I was not unemployed....:(

For every person you remove from London there will be five waiting to take their place. Therefore housing prices/demand in London will never plummet. Ergo, you'll be stuck with a load of unemployed Londoners !!!

Of which a sizeable proportion will not be Londoners at all but a selection of Northerners; jocks included who went there to make their fortune and failed so it's time to go home now.

Don't forget the Russians, Romanians, Greeks, French, Germans, New Zealanders and Australians, Spanish, Americans, etc, etc.

London attracts them all so there will always be an issue with homes and housing.

There is a national housing crisis . It is not confined to London. I think that it began with some politician or other selling off all the public affordable housing.;)

There is a national housing crisis . It is not confined to London. I think that it began with some politician or other selling off all the public affordable housing.;)

How would changing that make a difference, when many of the people that bought them still live in them?

Housing crisis? There are approximately 700, 000 vacant properties in the UK. What people mean is they tried to buy a house but it all fell through and they got repossessed. Now they all want cheap social housing but they struggle to get it because vast chunks of it was sold off and that's even without the forthcoming firesale.

Housing crisis? There are approximately 700, 000 vacant properties in the UK. What people mean is they tried to buy a house but it all fell through and they got repossessed. Now they all want cheap social housing but they struggle to get it because vast chunks of it was sold off and that's even without the forthcoming firesale.

Even if there were 3 million vacant properties that were not affordable, there would still be a housing crisis.

If you was hungry and saw lots of food in a bakers window that you could not afford, you would still be hungry. Unless you stole some that is!;)

Archived