London to send homeless to Yorkshire

Tonights London evening standard has a report claiming that some London boroughs are looking at sending their benefit housing tenants to Yorkshire following the reduction in housing benefit. Hull was mentioned in the article but other areas are also being considered.

This will apparently save them £300 per month per family.

So loads of unemployed being shipped up to Yorkshire !!! After reading the housing threads from Chem1st I'm surprised there are any available houses left for local families let alone those from London !!!

Thoughts?

Send them all to Dore, 10 to a room.

More than likely it will just be new arrivals with no ties to the London area. They're probably already doing this just quietly. I worked with a group of guys from sierra leone recently who all have council properties in Sheffield. They were told by their personal advisor to try Leeds, Manchester or Sheffield as things would be easier for them.

Building ghettos in affluent areas would help solve the housing crisis. Lower the price of high value properties by force.

I don't see a problem having the poor homeless in Sheffield, after all just on the Sheffield forum alone there's plenty of do gooders , surely are willing to take the poor people into their homes, I bet they'd be glad just to sleep on somones floor, not too many do gooders joining in in this thread though, come out of your closets and take these poor people in, no excuses now, they can even house sit for you if you have to work...where's your feelings ?

I don't see a problem having the poor homeless in Sheffield, after all just on the Sheffield forum alone there's plenty of do gooders , surely are willing to take the poor people into their homes, I bet they'd be glad just to sleep on somones floor, not too many do gooders joining in in this thread though, come out of your closets and take these poor people in, no excuses now, they can even house sit for you if you have to work...where's your feelings ?

I was thinking there's plenty of room in the US, if you allow some from Sheffield to move there, there will be more room for the homeless Londoners in Sheffield.:)

I was thinking there's plenty of room in the US, if you allow some from Sheffield to move there, there will be more room for the homeless Londoners in Sheffield.:)

Sure there's plenty of room here but not in my house :)

All the people who voted this lot in should stand up and be counted! They like the ConDem policies and so should welcome this latest move by each taking in one of these poor people that we are set to get from London!

They will of course be London's dreg tenants as they will keep the best ones, but so what! There is nothing like a challenge!

Come on tories......step forward and take them in. It is your government!

Archived