Too old to stay at home

Some homes are smashing. They've changed a lot in recent years. The trick is finding a good one that you're happy in. So don't think that this is the end of the world. Be positive.

But the companion thing isn't such a bad idea either if you fancy it and it can be arranged.

my family are trying to get me to move into an old peoples home, they want my room for a games room!!. anyone over 65 want me as a companion?!!.

If true? and the house is yours, sell the house first and then go into an old people's home, that'll make them think twice and wish they'd said nothing at all to you.

Are you good at DIY and gardening? Do you do household chores? Are you fully functional? I think we should be told, especially if you're looking to be a companion. It's got to be better than the old folks home?

And why do they have to be over 65? *curious*

Old people's homes are what you make of them.

If I was old and in an old peoples home I'd love it, spend all my pension on whiskey and chocolate and get drunk watching the football all day high on morphine.

Ahh that's the life, I hope I live until I'm old enough to do that.

Old people's homes are what you make of them.

If I was old and in an old peoples home I'd love it, spend all my pension on whiskey and chocolate and get drunk watching the football all day high on morphine.

Ahh that's the life, I hope I live until I'm old enough to do that.

Haha. It would be bearable if you lost your sense of smell and taste first I reckon. No amount of morphine would help me tolerate the smell. Or the food that are given :gag:

Or the lack of dignity afforded to them, especially women being washed and toileted by blokes.

Archived