Higgs boson discovered

if you want toget rid of summat, you could suck all the higgs bosons out and wuff - gone.

it could be used by criminals to destroy evidence

But the police could surely bang the heads of two criminals together and their Higgs boson, as left at the crime scene, would come out?

Yeah, whoever discovered it now probably just wants to name it after themselves.

I don't think that's the issue; rather it is that the Higgs Boson was predicted to have a mass of about 130GeV (I won't bother to explain what that means right now) and a particle has been discovered which actually does have a mass of about 130GeV.

When you find something in the exact place that you were hoping to find the Higgs Boson, it's reasonable to assume that it is the Higgs Boson - but that isn't proven yet. All that's proven is that it is a new particle. Further testing will - almost certainly - confirm that it is the Higgs Boson, but just might show that it's actually something else.

But the police could surely bang the heads of two criminals together and their Higgs boson, as left at the crime scene, would come out?

they wouldn't know who the crims were -there'd be no evidence. the murder might've been done by higgs boson removal and there'd be no body.

chist - what have they unleashed.

I do hope they're not collecting so many of these particle thingys that the world will begin to fall apart

They're saying everything is being held together by an invisible glue so we should be ok.

They're saying everything is being held together by an invisible glue so we should be ok.

But if they keep smashing and crashing and banging things together, have they thought of the implications this could have? Apparently, from what I have just read, the universe would be "like soup" without this stuff, hmmmm

Archived