Higgs boson discovered

They were working on an elimination basis, checking all the frequencies (not sure that's the technically correct terminology) where it could possibly be. !
Its more like the differing amount of energies at which the particles are collided at.

;9007834']Yes. Whoever discovered the Higgs Boson should have naming rights over the Higgs Boson. Afterall its not like the Higgs Boson has a name already. I wonder what the Higgs Boson would be called?

Precisely. Thats why they're claiming what they have found isn't exactly the Higgs boson particle :P So they can steal it and call it after some Swedish scientist or other, who is an expert at banging.

Then again the Higgs boson is only a theory, and not an actual particle, so maybe they would have the right to call it whatever they please now, since it was them who actually found it.

The Higgs Boson.

Since we are now pretty sure it actually exists, can we all agree to stop calling it the "God particle?"

(from sickipedia)

No we can't all this name changing causes more confusion.

Experts? Experts they say? In something that they just discovered? Quick! I guess they know more than me, so that qualifies them I suppose!

It wasn't that long ago the men with scruffy beards told us the collision may cause a black hole,and we would all be eaten up....I think???

Archived