Would you move jobs?

is their car tracked as well ?

No,which doesn't bother me as i take account of what they claim to be doing during 12 hour working days,if they're being honest.

I do have an issue with people who permenantly work extended hours due to workloads, 'cos i think they're not up to the job.

Are you charged a fuel benefit or do you claim a mileage rate? The tracker might be there to keep HMRC off the companies back rather than to spy on you.

That was one of the "benefits" of the tracker. We were historically supposed to submit monthly personal fuel receipts,which some individuals never did or claimed they'd only used £15 of personal fuel in a month. I can see the benefit,if the trackers worked accurately,which they don't.

Another subjective reason was a reduction in insurance rises.

The truth is some guys were caught defrauding the company and this is the result,they dress it up as much as they like but the innocent ones amongst us find it a bitter pill to swallow.

Basically im a little ticked off with my employers new business model, we are being forced to follow a continental business plan,as a a global company they are trying to unitise everything even down to car choices.

I don't have an issue with some aspects and some of the changes are necessary (i know my colleagues well).

However they've introduced a tracker to the cars which i see as an invasion of privacy it also stops me sitting at home or finishing the decorating, i do work early and often work into the evening and weekends(although i have stopped ll since the tracker and do it in working hours)

I've all but got a new job,plus more than likely at least an offer for one other company.

Would you move after 8 years of service and no real issues (apart from personal motivation) and the tracker.?

The tracker would irritate me intensely!!!!!...As for moving jobs, that wouldn't bother me in the slightest! Yep sometimes I've done it, and jumped out of the frying pan so to speak, but that's life and you just move on!...However, that was in the days when work was easier to come by. But if you're good at your job, and have documentary evidence of it, then you'll be fine!

Quite so - but should i be tracked in private time. My workload is self generated so if i choose to leave home @ 6.30 a.m and return home @ 3pm why is it an issue.

If i choose to have a home office day and fit a new door between phone calls,paperwork etc i personally can't see an issue.

It makes matters worse that our commercial manager runs a commercial business alongside his job and we all know full well he spends every Friday arranging events from home.

Sounds like it's time to take your record sales somewhere else, there must be opportunities for good sales people, you've already found one in fact, so onwards and upwards!

I have just moved jobs after 18 years of service was sick of been spoken to like i was something scraped off the bottom of their shoe and i can honestly say its the one of the best things that i have done.

sounds like you won't be happy if you stay, make sure you've got the other job and then tell them why you are leaving in the exit interview

I'm better placed than some of my colleagues, they're 60 odd and winding down for retirement so don't want to move.

My concern is contant monitoring especially if figures drop,versus new regimes.

I've just been offered a third interview on Monday. I know it isn't a job but there is some interest in a dormant market place.

Not being negative, but would the new job, have all the same problems as your old job, IF NOT MORE?

Forget the tracker, if you don't do anything wrong, no fear. A tracker on the car is for insurance purposes, not too spy on you.

Better the devil you know?

On what grounds do you say that?

Archived