Pay and display machine in Hillsborough Park

Yet again this bloody council fleecing people. With people having no money and school hols coming up what do they do.

Congrats Sheffield Council, yet again you have managed to upset voters what with the bin collections, green waste collections, what next I ask.

They have started to change the car park near Hillsborough Park I think they are putting down new tarmac and parking meters, so its closed for a while but no idea how long.

My road which hasnt got parking permits was so rammed yesterday even people parking on double yellows.It was much worse than normal as the cars didnt seem to move all day until 5-5-30 so im assumong it must be people who work at Hillsborough.

Goodness knows where I am supposed to park when I get home from work as the road was packed,seems the council are doing a good job collecting money from the car park when its completed,but will they??? I think all it will do is make people park on the roads with no permit restrictions as they can stay more than 2 hours.

Its so annoying when you get home at 5 and theres nowhere to park at all.I have no idea what the answer is but the council just dont seem to care.

I've noticed it's got much worse recently. The council have made a nice job of displacing the parking problem with the permit scheme so they can then rake a bit more cash in from the roads that need permits to counter a problem entirely created by the permit scheme.

I have been on to my local councilor today about this subject the phone number is 01142735588 or look on web site to get their numbers the one I spoke to was Bob Johnson and he is local to express my disgust so please ring them and place your objections as I have.This is so WRONG its public place and Should be free for everyone ........

You've done the right thing but these facilities aren't free. They cost a lot of money to keep. The Council has faced huge cuts and there are more to come. There are limited ways in which the council can raise revenue but charging people who use the facilities is one.

The introduction of parking charges is unfortunate but totally necessary adn reasonable.

You've done the right thing but these facilities aren't free. They cost a lot of money to keep. The Council has faced huge cuts and there are more to come. There are limited ways in which the council can raise revenue but charging people who use the facilities is one.

The introduction of parking charges is unfortunate but totally necessary adn reasonable.

Besides, they would be free to use if it wasn't for the parking. In Sheffield, you are never a few miles from a park, so it wouldn't hurt to walk.

Why also do the vultures with the parking tickets have to walking in pairs in Hillsboro. They were put at 8am yesterday. Also took photo because their vehicle was parked illegally

At a guess, probably because two people can cover a given area faster than one and there is more safety in numbers.

No, they were not parked illegally, because they are exempt from parking restrictions while in the course of their duties.

There is no exemption for these vehicles, so yes their we're illegally parked. The position they were parked the emergency services only have exemption for FACT

Unfortunately, putting FACT after a statement does not make it true.

Have you seen the traffic regualtion orders that relate to parking restrictions, bus lanes and bus gates, which state which categories of vehicles are exempt?

Well, I have, and I can tell you that you are wrong.

Parking Services are exempt from parking restrictions when they are carrying out their duties. They could not carry out their duties effectively if, after spotting an offending vehicle, they had to run around looking for a "legal" parking space.

Archived