Pay and display machine in Hillsborough Park

All I did was ask a question, i didn't expect such aggressive response.

All i want to know is if i have to budget to take my daughter to try other parks now that my local park has made it so that it's too far for me to walk to take my toddler to play.

I was wondering about this, as I couldn't remember the details.

If the money is going to support the parks department, which it sorely needs, I don't mind the charges at all.

If people are so worked up about their right to enjoy the parks, I'd hope they'd be willing to sacrifice a little towards their upkeep when times are hard. The cuts to Parks have been very damaging, and if we can help keep our green spaces in good order for 40p an hour, surely that's worth it.

But the money isn't going to support the parks department. It doesn't matter a jot if these machines raise £100,000. The parks won't get a penny piece more to spend. So you might as well claim the machines are there to put a coffee machine in the town hall.

All i want to know is if i have to budget to take my daughter to try other parks now that my local park has made it so that it's too far for me to walk to take my toddler to play.

Not been funny but serious question.

Why should it be free for disabled?

Aggressive?

No love, just asking a question.

Bold bit.

Not even sure what your saying there love.

They are not more important, but they are the ones incapable of walking. People who can walk, don't need to drive to the park.

Unless they live far enough from the park that walking there doesn't make sense.

Which means lots of people need to drive to the park... Disabled drivers should have allocated spaces, but they should still need to pay.

... Disabled drivers should have allocated spaces, but they should still need to pay.

They do still have to pay. A blue badge entitles holders to park on yellow lines etc but not to circumvent parking charges if they stick the car on a meter.

Unless they live far enough from the park that walking there doesn't make sense.

Which means lots of people need to drive to the park... Disabled drivers should have allocated spaces, but they should still need to pay.

Personally i dont think anyone should have to pay but seeing as we have no choice this is the fairest way.

They haven't moved the park further away from you, it's the same distance to walk it always was. So all you have to budget for is paying to park, if you drove there in the past, it's probably 40p for 2 hours or something, less than an ice cream for your toddler.

Archived