Pay and display machine in Hillsborough Park

Not all disabled people are entitled to a blue badge. The only ones who are, are those for whom walking any significant distance brings insurmountable difficulties.

And the ones who fiddle the system.

You know the ones who pretend to be disabled in order to get things like a car, a blue badge and free parking.

I have been on to my local councilor today about this subject the phone number is 01142735588 or look on web site to get their numbers the one I spoke to was Bob Johnson and he is local to express my disgust so please ring them and place your objections as I have.This is so WRONG its public place and Should be free for everyone ........

They haven't moved the park further away from you, it's the same distance to walk it always was. So all you have to budget for is paying to park, if you drove there in the past, it's probably 40p for 2 hours or something, less than an ice cream for your toddler.

the park hasn't moved, the car park with disabled space is now closed to public parking so it is further to walk and now it's too far for me to walk to the play area now. so I need to try other parks and find where I can park close enough to the play area. I don't mind paying, I just wanted to know if I have to budget extra before I went.

I honestly didn't expect it to turn into a big debate.

I have been on to my local councilor today about this subject the phone number is 01142735588 or look on web site to get their numbers the one I spoke to was Bob Johnson and he is local to express my disgust so please ring them and place your objections as I have.This is so WRONG its public place and Should be free for everyone ........

Email them through FirstPoint.

the park hasn't moved, the car park with disabled space is now closed to public parking so it is further to walk and now it's too far for me to walk to the play area now. so I need to try other parks and find where I can park close enough to the play area. I don't mind paying, I just wanted to know if I have to budget extra before I went.

I honestly didn't expect it to turn into a big debate.

Which car park is closed to public parking?

Have you ever actually been to Sheffield? There is nowhere that isn't within reasonable walking distance of a park.

Have you ever actually walked anywhere with a small child? They aren't capable of walking 3 or 4 miles and then enjoying some time in the park and then walking back.

And there are plenty of places that are 3 to 4 miles from the nearest park.

Even for an adult, whilst not a difficult distance, it's time consuming, a quick walker would be hard pressed to do the round trip in less than 1.5hrs, never mind with a child in tow.

But the money isn't going to support the parks department. It doesn't matter a jot if these machines raise £100,000. The parks won't get a penny piece more to spend. So you might as well claim the machines are there to put a coffee machine in the town hall.

I said 'if'. Are you able to clear this up in either direction with actual information?

I asked on the Graves park thread but got no response. I did a quick search of the Council website but couldn't find the information.

Which car park is closed to public parking?

At Elsecar Park there is a little play park at the top which had a part to park for blue badges, which was only open for certain hours, now there's signs up for no unauthorised cars past the entrance of the drive. There is another car park that people can use but it's a bit far for me to get to the park and back to the car.

Archived