Pay and display machine in Hillsborough Park

I know one man whos fiddling the system as we speak.

He pretends hes got a back injury, hes managed to con a few doctors and bobs your uncle hes got a blue badge, a free bus pass, a car, thousands of £'s and he also claims for anything extra he can.

Hes a scum bag and a thief and i bet hes not the only one to be fiddling it.

So report him.

Not in Sheffield; I very much doubt you could find anywhere that's even 400 yards from a park.

http://goo.gl/maps/nG7J

Flats and houses around Campo lane, 1 mile to Crookes Valley Park.

http://goo.gl/maps/L4AQ

Sharrow Lane, 1.3 miles to the nearest park.

Top of Loxley, 1.6 miles to Hillsborough park.

http://goo.gl/maps/8uCW

http://goo.gl/maps/6tSI

Totley to Greenhill park, 2.9 miles. That's the furthest I can see.

Bit more than 400 yards though.

As far as I know theres only 2 roads on Hillsborough side of the Park that dont have meters or permits to pay, Minto and Leader pity the people who live there as theres no way they will get parked especially if theres an event like a car boot ect in the park :(

Let's put pay machines on all the entrances and charge everyone 10 pence each to enter the park would that be fare???.

Yes, that would be, in a very literal sense, fare.

it would also be utterly daft, and not at all a fair comparison to a small parking charge. That's the thing about cuts - half of the mealy mouthed small 'c' conservatives are delighted witht he idea of cuts to spending - but they hate it when it affects something they like.

the parks dept has had its budget cut, so they need either new revenue or to make staff redundant and remove services. i'd sooner pay 40p to park on our occasional visits to graves park than lose the loveley childrens play park, or see it strewn with litter.

as far as Hillsborough park, it cant be more than a 10 minute walk, even with kids, from nearly every part of Hillsborough. the car park was under utilised from what i could see, and probably cost a fair bit to keep maintained. now it might be pulling its weight.

have you moaned about the 20p for a wee in the bus interchange yet?

Yes, that would be, in a very literal sense, fare.

as far as Hillsborough park, it cant be more than a 10 minute walk, even with kids, from nearly every part of Hillsborough. the car park was under utilised from what i could see, and probably cost a fair bit to keep maintained. now it might be pulling its weight.

have you moaned about the 20p for a wee in the bus interchange yet?

As i said on a few posts above Theres alot of Kids and Adults football teams train there, and with the kids teams there dad or moms come bring them by car from most parts of sheffield. In our instance adults theres a few come in car from other side of town. In my opinion its Councils way to get extra money into there coffers.

Im sure Hillsborough Park gets so much from Sheffield Wed fc. as they use the bottom car park on match days dont they during a season. Where does the funds from that go ??

The only other park proposed was Endcliffe, and the Council have decided the number of spaces available does not justify the expenditure involved in installing meters and supervising them. (Despite the park being next to 2 neighbourhood parking zones which are regularly patrolled.)

Despite? Or BECAUSE. This just provides more ammunition for those who believe that introducing these meters in parks is merely a deliberate catalyst to roll out more permit areas across the city.

Archived